Search results

1. nfored

DIY Grey water toilet feed.

No but thats a good point. Maybe I am looking at this backwards. Maybe I should be looking at ways to reduce water usage else where rather then reusing water. I have installed 3 and 2.5 gpm faucets every where, I have no idea how to tell if my toilets are water friendly. I will take a look at...
  2. nfored

I don't think I will due to the many valid ponits of it not being worth the effort. Thank you so much for actually saying how back flow can happen. I could defiantly see that as a possibility. If you had to go and the pump stopped you might not stop to think about the what ifs and just...
  3. nfored

It is of concern to me, and I think you for pointing that out. However just as a normal person trying to get advise from people that know what they are doing this site is not friendly. That aside from the very valid pont of no real savings is enough for me to not due this. I honestly have...
  4. nfored

Thanks the toilet would be above and feed by a pump. I will also take you advise and use a second pump for watering plants and the yard. Because of the large amount of fish tanks I have a lot of pumps so the start up cost would be little, but your are correct I would need to think about...
  5. nfored

Please tell me how the back flow can happen, so I can be safe like I asked. as far as I know since the water in is 6" above the water line a siphon or back flow could never happen. And the the only place where clean water is proposed in my setup was in case of over usage and I said it would...
  6. nfored

I did't know it only used 1.6 gallons? sounds like one of those new toilets but if thats true your right its not that much savings but its some that's what I also asked if you had other ideas to reuse this water. Also why is it every single time I ask a question someone keeps talking about a...
  7. nfored

Would it be possible to have an electronic float valve installed in the back of a toilet? I run a drip system to supply constant water changes to about 1000 Gallons of aquariums. And before we have a repeat the drip line is about 6" above any possible water line. I drip close to 150 Gallons...
  8. nfored

Water Feed Line For Fish Tank.

Thank for all the replys. It was nice back in the day when it was just Chlorine, however most large cities now days use Chloramine which is very very difficult to remove using just carbon filters; if you do use carbon you have to use catalytic carbon filters and typically multiples ran in...
  9. nfored

Man it's sad you make rash Assumptions like that, do we remember from grade school what happens when we assume? Explain to me how it can siphon from the tank when the pipe is above the water level? even if it was not above the water level if you read the whole post you would have seen that...
  10. nfored

Hello. I have installed T on both the hot and cold water faucets that hook up to the washing machine. Each tee has a lever to turn it on and off, I have then joined the hot and cold lines into a single pipe. This pipe runs to the fish tank, allowing me to refill the tank with water that has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks