Search results

1. mchristo

Toto CST494CEMFG Connelly reviews?

I ultimately decided against the Connelly for this reason. I was worried that even with Sanigloss finish the bowl would not clean with such a small area filled with water. Pitty, because I really wanted to like it, just didnt have any confidence it would work.
  2. mchristo

I also just noticed the Promenade toilets, they look good too. CST424SFG thanks again.
  3. mchristo

Thanks WJCandee and Terry, this is a new house under construction so i have to order 6 toilets. I was thinking of getting one Connelly for the master and the rest the Drake II or Eco Drake (are they the same ?) Im feeling a little confused by all the options and model numbers available with...
  4. mchristo

Thank you WJCandee. I agree that the video was probably rigged a little so it would fail. I really was hoping for some positive feedback because I wanted to like this toilet. With so little info on them, I don't feel confident enough to go with them. Thanks again for the info.
  5. mchristo

I'm getting ready to purchase 6 toilets. I really like the look of the new Connelly toilet from Toto, but there is very little info or reviews on them available. does anyone have experience with them? CST494CEMFG, CST494 There is one short video on YouTube that shows a Connelly not clearing a...
  6. mchristo

New TOTO Connelly and ECO Drake and Ultramax II 1G

Toto Connelly reviews? does anyone have any reviews on the Connelly? I'm ordering 6 toilets and considering these, but can't find much info on them. It looks like its only been out for about 1 year. My other option is a Drake II. I have a Soiree and love it, but don't like the plastic...
  7. mchristo

Question about Toto Soiree and toilets in general

I checked and the flapper is fine. Yes it is only using about half the water in the tank each flush. the only cause I can think of is that the well water is very cold. My Soiree is marked 1.6 gpf would a mixing valve be a good solution?
  8. mchristo

Ok, I now have a problem with the tank sweating big time on my Soiree. The floor in the bathroom is soaked! its a heat wave here in NH and we have no A/C in the cabin. this is the only toilet in the house and with house guests, it is getting a lot of use so the water in the tank is turning...
  9. mchristo

I just installed a new Toto Soiree and have a question. There doesnt seem to be any 'storage' in the bowl. By that I mean as soon as any liquid or solids go into the bowl, I can hear the displaced water running down the waste pipe. As far as I can remember, the old toilet never did that...
  10. mchristo

Waxless seal for Toto Soiree

Sani Seal waxless gasket? have you ever tried the Sani Seal Waxless gasket?
  11. mchristo

Thanks Terry, is this the seal you are referring to? http://www.fluidmaster.com/index.asp?bhcp=1 Thanks a million!
  12. mchristo

Is there an alternative to a wax ring for the Soiree (with pvc outlet connection)? I need to move the flange and when I do, it will be too close to radiant floor heat and would melt a wax ring. I was thinking about silicone?
  13. mchristo

OK to let Soiree Toilet Freeze?

Thanks! Thanks again Terry.
  14. mchristo

OK to let Soiree Toilet Freeze?

I am replacing an old guzzler toilet with the Toto Soiree (mostly as a result of my research here) Its a vacation ski/lake cabin that I use on weekends, but do not keep it heated when I'm not there in winter. Its in NH so it gets -20 at times. I drain all the plumbing lines and pour RV...
  15. mchristo

bathroom exhaust vent sizing

Another bath fan question should I have a fresh air return in the bathroom, or let it draw in from various leaks in the rest of the house?
  16. mchristo

bathroom exhaust vent sizing

I'm remodeling a small bathroom for a summer cabin. the bathroom is 9 x 5 feet x 8 feet high. In summer I get humidity problems in the house and in particular in the bathroom. currently there is no vent fan. I'm planning on installing one now. I'm thinking about over sizing the cfm's on the...
  17. mchristo

Drake or Soiree questions

wow! that was fast Terry. I'm impressed. so just to clearify the Soiree at 1.28 flushes as good or better than the Drake at 1.6?
  18. mchristo

Drake or Soiree questions

first thanks for such a great forum! I'm replacing a toilet at a small cabin. Trying to decide between these two. my questions are: Overall, which is the better flush GMax 1.6 or Double Cyclone 1.6? does one splash the seat more than the other? which is noisier and by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks