Search results

1. Fraser Jim

How To Clean Deposits From Shower Drain?

I have a shower with an 18” drop to the trap. 2” PVC. It is getting clogged up with deposits. Vinegar, etc., just runs right through. Any suggestions on how to clean?
  2. Fraser Jim

Dishwasher Drain Suggestons????

When I looked at the 10-year old plumbing for our sink / disposal / dishwasher, I realized that if the main drain line (either sink or dishwasher) backs-up, we are going to have water all over our hardwood floors. Looks like they routed the dishwasher drain to open 1 1/2" PVC. Note that the PVC...
  3. Fraser Jim

Radiant Heat Leak?

Have a 9-year old radiant heat system in Colorado Mtns. Weekend cabin. 5-zones of RH in Slab, 2-zones of baseboard, domestic hot water tank. Noticed for the last two weeks that the maximum and minimum pressure is down by about a pound per week. Have had same symptoms in the past. One...
  4. Fraser Jim

Drain on main shutoff valve?

I am moving the main shutoff valve and the guy at Home Depot says that I need to have a drain, per code, on the new one. Does this sound right? Using a ball valve. Is there any politically correct side or direction for the handle to be facing? I.e. facing the pipe, handle lines up on...
  5. Fraser Jim

Minimum Length Between 3/4" Copper Fittings

Not familiar with street 90. I am reworking a water meter installation. The plumber made the 180 with the two 90degree elbows, but has too long a pipe between the fittings so everything is misaligned.
  6. Fraser Jim

Minimum Length Between 3/4" Copper Fittings

I am putting together some piping in a very tight space. Need to do a 180. Was going to use two 3/4" 90 degree elbows. Is there a minimum gap that I need between the two fitting ends?
  7. Fraser Jim

Automatic Water Shutoff - Tight Spot

I have to install an automatic water shutoff in my daughter's house. Previous owner had installed shower in room with water main. We have a 12" wide 2' deep access to main. Shower is to the left. Notice T for shower cold water. Outside wall is to the left. Main is about 1" off of back...
  8. Fraser Jim

Retrofit meter with remote read

Water law and water rights are a big deal in Colorado. We have our own well. The development has purchased water rights to a fixed amount of water.. Even though we are on our own well, we have to prove that we are not taking water that isn't ours.
  9. Fraser Jim

Automatic Water Shutoff for Broken Pipe

Actually a sprinkler company came in to check out their system and left a valve open that flooded the bsmt.. Even though my daughter's insurance co didn't have to pay, they threatened to cancel her if she didn't install a shutoff.
  10. Fraser Jim

Automatic Water Shutoff for Broken Pipe

Insurance company is making my daughter install an automatic water shutoff for whole house in case of flood or broken pipe. Something like Watercop. Can anyone make suggestions or provide reviews? Thanks
  11. Fraser Jim

Retrofit meter with remote read

Have a well with an indoor water meter. County is requiring the ability to read on outside of home. Meter body marked Precision 5/8"PMM, with meter marked Invensys PMM. It has a rotating clock type pointer and then a analog display showing gallons used. Can anyone suggest a retrofit that...
  12. Fraser Jim

Radiant heat problems/questions????????

Thanks guys, It is getting late and am full of turkey. Some quick answers. I work in the electrical field, so pardon some of the terms I use. They piped out of the boiler and the first thing it hits is the expansion tank / air purge / and an AVV. It then branches off to three...
  13. Fraser Jim

We have radiant within slab covered by hardwood or slate. Bad news if we have a leak. I have keep the auto-fill off in case we do spring a leak, we will limit the amount of damage. The PRV hasn't leaked this year. Sounds like the pressure test is the best move. I presumed any air...
  14. Fraser Jim

Thanks remelo99, We have had four different local "experts" out and they all are shaking their heads on the PRV opening. No a LWC wasn't installed. Sounds like a good idea. I installed a Sensaphone Auto dialer and I can tie that into the LWC. The autovalve is closed and I haven't...
  15. Fraser Jim

Happy Thanksgiving We built our retirement home 5 years ago. Use on weekends. In Colorado - gets to 20-30 below during winter. Plumbing company totally incompetent. Leaks, Wrong valves, toilets not seated, stuter vents leaking, shower valves clogged, etc. Two stories. No bsmt...
  16. Fraser Jim

Automatic Air Vent Leak At Base

Would love to replace, but have never purged such a system before. House is a one story ranch with boiler in basement. Suggestions on purging? Also, is there any reason that it shouldn't it be safe till next week? Fraser Jim
  17. Fraser Jim

Automatic Air Vent Leak At Base

Our daughter has a Braukmann Air Vent on her hot water heat system. She said that it was leaking. Went to take a look and this is what I found. 1. Looks like a Honeywell EA122 Automatic Air Vent. This is supposed to have an open and closed position, with expanding discs to "prevent"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks