Search results

1. kissiffer4

Sewer Inspection Report - Advice Needed!

Hey all, we are quite far along in the process of buying a house and got the sewer inspection report back today. When we met with the inspector he seemed to think a proper cleaning would suffice. I know very little about it, however, and have some concerns around potentially uncovering more...
  2. kissiffer4

Any advice on my dining room wall?

Just to add, I think the upstairs toilet might be sitting directly above that part of the roof. Difficult to tell exactly.
  3. kissiffer4

Ha, I was gone quite a while wasn't I! I haven't cut open the wall...yet, but thought I would post another photo. Trying to decide if it has worsened or looks exactly the same. I did discover that if I press against the bulging area you can push it down a little bit.
  4. kissiffer4

Hi, Advice on here has been fantastic in the past and I would really appreciate some advice on what appears to be quite a serious problem. One of the walls in our dining room appears to be bowing somewhat. At least, I think that is the term for it. I have attached a photo of the problem. No...
  5. kissiffer4

Sprinkler backflow preventer - leaking through the top on certain zones

Thanks Smooky. Since it works fine on three of the zones i.e no leaking at all and full power to those zones, would the issue you mentioned still be a problem? I'm a novice with this sort of thing so I am probably missing something. Thanks.
  6. kissiffer4

Thanks for the suggestion. I did just replace the existing one with a new one. Also, it does seem to work fine for a few of the zones, 8 and 9, so if it was faulty wouldn't it do the same for all zones? Thanks.
  7. kissiffer4

Hi, I recently started up my sprinkler system and having got past the first hurdle (replacing a valve), the backflow preventer is now causing problems by leaking a ton of water through the top. Strange thing is, it is only on certain sprinkler zones that it is happening. I cycled through each...
  8. kissiffer4

Need help identifying the part..and how to fix :)

Thanks Smooky! Will this part suffice?
  9. kissiffer4

Thanks Smooky and everybody else who helped! I have put in an order for the 1" ball valve. One last question...what sort of tool do I need to remove the valve (to unscrew the existing piece from the top piece). I will probably cut it from the bottom, but won't it still be attached to the...
  10. kissiffer4

Hi Smooky, here is a photo from the front. Looks like it says 765-1 on that main part.
  11. kissiffer4

Thanks all. Smooky, you are spot on. The Febco 600 WOG part is attached to the 765 piece (which is far as I could tell didn't have any damage). I was hoping that since it looks like the 600 is threaded into the 765, that I wouldn't have to replace the 765 as well. Is that correct? Of course, I...
  12. kissiffer4

Also, there are so many different types available on those sites! Any idea how I figure out which one I need? Thanks.
  13. kissiffer4

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I believe it is only the ball valve. It looks like it is attached with a thread on each end. I can take a photo in the morning though and post it on here. Thanks again!
  14. kissiffer4

Hi, As a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing, I could really use some advice. I have attached a couple of photos of what I believe is the valve of my outside pipe that is split. Can anybody point me in the direction of what part I need to buy as a replacement and possibly the...
  15. kissiffer4

Kohler K-3400 PB Pompton low boy toilet.

Ah, my mistake wjcandee. I didn't receive alerts about the new replies on my other post, so thought the question about alternative toilets was unanswered. Thanks for aaddressing and giving me a few ideas.
  16. kissiffer4

Kohler K-3400 PB Pompton low boy toilet.

Hi, apologies for responding to an old post, but I happen to have the same toilet (in black) and I am trying to figure out what on earth I can buy to replace the bloomin thing. Preferably in black to match the sink, but this thing is screeching when I flush and I don't want to drop $349 on a new...
  17. kissiffer4

Novice...need some advice...loud screeching toilet

Hi, Got a bit of a problem with our old Kohler toilet. Not sure how old it is (photo attached), but whenever we flush, it starts to make a loud screeching noise just as it is finishing filling up. I have read that it might be a valve problem, but after looking up the part number (kohler 51329)...
  18. kissiffer4

Drip from under the kitchen sink - how to fix?

Thanks everyone. Daft question, but what is the best tool to use to loosen/tighten those joints? I will probably just hand tighten, but for future reference it would be good to know. Thanks.
  19. kissiffer4

Drip from under the kitchen sink - how to fix?

Hi everyone, I was having a clean out beneath the kitchen sink today and found a slow drip. Luckily I had a bowl there that caught all of the water, but if you look at the attached photo, you can see where it is leaking (around the middle). Any suggestions on how to fix this much appreciated. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks