Search results

1. OwyheeHome

Getting started -- what do I test for?

Okay, I have finished my basic homework. We have 14 grain hardness with little or no iron or magnesium. We have 3 people -- no big animals. Doing the various calculations it looks like we need a 1.5 cubic foot system to treat 25200 Total Grains Capacity per week. I guess now I need to...
  2. OwyheeHome

Excellent! I am headed to the link right now!
  3. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

I have thought about a submerged pump -- my neighbor has one that is working fine for him and resolved some of his sprinkler pressure issues -- but the logistics of our well at the bottom of the cistern make me favor the easy to get to and easy to replace pump. I am a little astounded that the...
  4. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

Been over a year. Okay, over a year has gone by and the Pside Kick is working great. However, our old 40 year-old 3/4 HP Jacuzzi pump just doesn't have the power it once had. We want to upgrade to a water softener, but realize that we have to get the pump lined out first (the old pump doesn't...
  5. OwyheeHome

Over a year ago, I started out to soften my home's water. I got hit hard by the economy and am only now gearing up again for an assault on my water. I have a shallow well -- probably pumping only 6-10 feet from the bottom of a 8 foot cistern. Last year, before my business withered, I put a...
  6. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to reassure me. The problems all looked cosmetic, but since I am not an expert, I thought I had better check. For example if the Allen screw was some sort of air port, it might have been important. I was going to install it today, but am thinking...
  7. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

SCV1W valve questions Received the Pside-kick today. Opened the box and checked the contents, it is all there, but I do have a couple questions about the Pump Control Valve. The instruction part list identifies the part as PK1W. The valve that came with the kit is labeled both on the box and...
  8. OwyheeHome

Compare Fleck softeners

Same page We are on the same page about water restrictions. I had already thought of the water heater and the shower head. However, the water heater is new -- a replacement for the clogged old one. We also put in a new shower head at the same time. The water delivery pipe in my house is 3/4...
  9. OwyheeHome

Compare Fleck softeners

Supply lines I forgot to mention that the house is supplied by a 3/4 inch supply line. Water pressure has been a problem for us and we are taking delivery of a Pside-Kick today and I hope to be getting 1 hp Gould pump in the near future, so hopefully our enemic water situation will improve...
  10. OwyheeHome

Compare Fleck softeners

Hardness and capacity Bought one of those quick and easy home water tests. I know it is not scientifically accurate, but will give me a ball park. I live way out in the sticks, so getting water samples in to a lab is an all day thing. Anyhow, the test indicated I had a hardness in excess of...
  11. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

Pside-Kick arriving today Will be getting the Pside Kick in today. I plan on installing it even though my new pump has not arrived yet. Hopefully, all will go well (pun not intended).
  12. OwyheeHome

Compare Fleck softeners

Sfr? Water usage rate? Am still searching for my test results. May have to get a new test done. Thanks
  13. OwyheeHome

Compare Fleck softeners

Price difference I just did a quick look around on the web. Clack WS-1 seem to be in the $600 to $900 range while the Fleck 5600 seems to be in the $400 to $900 range. I assume that these price differences reflect store overhead and capacity. Speaking of which, what capacity do I need...
  14. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

Parts on the way I bought the Pside-kick and have a line on a 1 HP Gould Pump. Should get me in business!
  15. OwyheeHome

Compare Fleck softeners

What is the difference between the Fleck 7000 and the Fleck 5600? I have fairly hard water and need something that is around for the long haul. Thanks for your time.
  16. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

The well appears to be hand-dug from around 1917. It flows what seems to be an infinite amount of clear cool water that is slightly alkali. You asked how deep. I do not know other than it is a shallow well. The well is at the bottom of an 8 foot diameter dry cistern in the ground next to my...
  17. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

Any advice on selecting a quality pump Thanks for the advice on the set up. I know next to nothing about pump brands. I don't want to replace every few years, so what are some jet pumps? Who should I shy away from?
  18. OwyheeHome

Old shallow well upgrade

I have a shallow well that serves my home and lawn sprinklers. We are surrounded on three sides by irrigated fields and on the fourth by the Snake River, so the well will never ever go dry. The water pressure from the well cycles up and down. Sprinklers spray goes up and down and pressure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks