Search results

1. Greg98

Lawsuit or Recall of Am,Standard Champion toilets ?

Glad I found this thread - replaced the seal on my AS Champion 4 (I know, I know), but the fill valve still kept firing up after a few minutes. Tried the food coloring and determined the leak was mostly likely at the seal, put the original seal in with the Korky and now I'm good to go. There...
  2. Greg98

Chrome cover for ABS

Drain pipe coming from newly-tiled wall is 1.5 nominal ABS (about 1-7/8" OD) and the wife hates the look of the ABS. Does anyone know where I can get chrome piping that will cover this?
  3. Greg98

Flange orientation wrong!

Unfortunately they're not really "holes", but notches I cut with a tile saw, so they're pretty wide. I'm really trying to avoid drilling into the tile - two of them are installed under my wainscot, so any mishap would open a HUGE can of worms.
  4. Greg98

Thanks John. I would, but this is particularly tough/brittle porcelain, and the holes would be precariously close to the notches that are already in the tile, so I'd be asking for trouble if I tried drilling close to those areas.
  5. Greg98

I think I must be missing something, so I apologize for being thick, but what keeps the bolts from coming through the large hole in the flange? Isn't that why you slide them into the thin part of the groove?
  6. Greg98

Wouldn't a spanner flange work for this? All I need is something to hold the bolts in place when I fasten the toilet down. If I got a spanner flange I could just slip it into the underside of the flange, correct?
  7. Greg98

Excellent. Thanks Gary, that solves my dilemma.
  8. Greg98

Hi Michael, Thanks for the response, but the problem isn't that I've set the flange in wrong - it's not installed yet. The problem is that I've notched my tile in such a way that, when the holes for the sub-floor line up, the largest part of the johnny bolt slots are going to be at 3 and 9...
  9. Greg98

The pic below shows my closet flange as I set it in place to lay out the notches I made in my floor tile. Floor is now tiled, and as you can see, I have the large holes (for the johnny bolts) lined up at 9 and 3 o'clock. I really don't want to drill any more holes in my tile - would I be...
  10. Greg98

California: New closet flange code?

;):D:D:D Yeah...California.
  11. Greg98

California: New closet flange code?

I was picking up a new flange and some ABS at Home Depot earlier today (remodeling a bathroom) and one of the guys who works there (retired plumber who actually knows what he's talking about) asked me what I was doing, then mentioned something about the new code specifying flanges should be...
  12. Greg98

Toilet flange/Sub-floor

I'm remodeling my 1950's bathroom and have a question about my old (cast iron?) toilet flange - photos below. I'm ready to put down my sub-floor, but just noticed there are no bolt holes in my flange - maybe they're rusted over, but I've scraped and poked and can't find any evidence of holes...
  13. Greg98

Chip(s) in new pedestal sink

Thanks for the feedback. I'm keeping it - just my luck I'd return it and get a sink with a worse problem. :D
  14. Greg98

Chip(s) in new pedestal sink

Below are a couple of pics of the back of the new Kohler Archer pedestal sink that was just shipped to me. There are two chips, the larger of the two located about an inch from one of the mounting holes. Is this: Unusual? Going to cause any problems when I install it? A reason to return it...
  15. Greg98

Copper piping for pedestal sink

Thanks guys. So hj, do you really think sweating copper piping is that difficult? This is existing piping, and as far as I can see it's a matter of cutting, fitting, sweating and checking to make sure everything is secure and I don't have any leaks. I've read a lot, watched videos...
  16. Greg98

Copper piping for pedestal sink

I'm remodeling my bathroom - I don't now much about remodeling, but luckily I know even less about plumbing. :D The copper piping for my old sink came straight up through the floor and was hidden by a vanity. I'm installing a pedestal sink, so I'm moving the 1/2 inch pipes behind the walls...
  17. Greg98

Where do I snake my standpipe

Thanks for the clarification, Sanjeev and hj.
  18. Greg98

One more question - why only open the cleanout if I'm certain the trap is clear? I can get a heftier snake, so just trying to figure out my options.
  19. Greg98

Got it - thanks Sanjeev.
  20. Greg98

The standpipe for my washer clogged today. I got a small DIY snake, but it will only go about 4-5 feet into the standpipe where the drain sits. Pic below is of a cap located to the right of the pipe opening, and near the floor. Do I need to remove this and insert the snake here?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks