Search results

1. T

Want to run new feed to garage

If he's using conduit, why individual connectors instead of the underground rated wire? I'm asking because I have a 15A powering my garage and I was thinking of re-using the conduit to run a 30A panel. Regarding the ground rods, are they required if you have them at the meter for the service...
  2. T

More DIY electrical installations

I guess should be happy that I have a few homeruns filling up my panel. I found a couple under used junction boxes in my basement that I'll be tapping into for more receptacles and flourescent lights.
  3. T

Need advice fixing PEX install

The installer did use the mickey mouse ears to hold up the PEX on every other joist, so that is approximately every 32". The problem is that there was too much PEX after it expanded with the heat on and the mickey mouse ears snapped off. Is there are stronger/more appropriate hanger for PEX...
  4. T

Need advice fixing PEX install

My contractor installed PEX tubing in my basement for the supply and return lines connected to my Burnham boiler. The install was done in the late spring, so I guess he didn't expect the tubing to expand so much once the heat kicked on. Right now, I have two really bad sagging spots. One is...
  5. T

Occasional cold water pipe noise when flushing

Actually, the sound goes away if I have the faucet or the tub's cold water running at the same time. I tried shutting the water quickly for the sink and tub and neither makes a sound. Think the toilet's fill valve is worth swapping out?
  6. T

Yes, the valve is open all the way. I think the noise is water distribution related. When the tank is full, you hear a clunking sound when the fill stops.
  7. T

I am getting occasional noise whenever the toilet finishes filling the bowl and tank. There's no pattern that I can figure out yet. I don't always get the noise when the tank finishes filling. I don't get the same noise when I turn off the cold water at the sink or in the shower. Any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks