Search results

1. H

Rusted/broken threads

It's out. Thanks for the advice. It ended up being much easier than I thought. I sprayed some PB Blaster and let it soak for a bit. Then I took some vice-grips and managed to work it loose without much trouble at all. The inside threads are fine.
  2. H

Rusted/broken threads

Thanks for the answers. Besides heating to make it come out easier, what is the best way to remove the pipe w/o damaging the threads of the female elbow?
  3. H

Rusted/broken threads

I am remodeling our kitchen. When I removed the drain pipe extending from the wall, I came upon rusted/non-existent threads extending out of an elbow fitting. The fitting is in a cinder block wall, so there is not room to rotate the elbow off and replace. The threads on the top are ok -- on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks