Search results

1. samk

Sewage smell from floor drain.... not dried

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as you stated, but the drain appears to be flowing well. It would slightly move up and down, like it was breathing, but never backed-up. When all toilets flushed and washer emptied, it moved up about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch for a second, and then right back down...
  2. samk

I'm on city water/sewer, and the only tree is about 75' away, and only about 6-7' tall. The house itself is about 8 years old, so there aren't any big trees around. Although, we have only lived in the house for 1 year. Water flow is great, and we've never had a problem with backups or slow...
  3. samk

Well, I flushed out the toilet bowl cleaner to make sure the smell went away, and it seemed fine for a few days. However, I went to check it today and noticed some paper in the trap. When I cleaned it earlier, I flushed it with about 5 gallons of water beforehand, so it has to have gotten in...
  4. samk

Previously when cleaning the trap, I just dumped bleach or enzymes down the down the drain and let it sit for a few hours and then ran some more water down the drain. So yesterday, I took a toilet brush that was a perfect fit to it with some toilet bowl cleaner with bleach in it. It seems to...
  5. samk

It could be, and that's maybe what the camera could show. It seems like that would be the logical explanation. But I thought that my dye-in-the-water trick would show if the waste water was mixing with water in the trap, but it didn't.
  6. samk

Here's an issue that I was hoping someone could offer advice for before I call in someone with a video camera. I have a floor drain in the basement that just smells like sewage when you get down by it. It's on one side of the house where a bathroom and kitchen run by it. The water is always...
  7. samk

Sillcock repair (handle removal)

Thanks Thanks for the reply. I'll keep working on it tonight!
  8. samk

Sillcock repair (handle removal)

I'm repairing a leaky Mansfield anti-siphon faucet. However, I'm having problems getting the handle off. Is the handle screw a normal right-handed one? I feel like I'm going to break it, but the screw just doesn't want to budge. Thanks for the help.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks