Search results

1. Roishe Cheng

What parts would I need to replace this sink drain pipe?

SHR: I had no idea. When I saw them, I thought "cool." Unfortunately, like a lot of "technology," the practice/implementation tends to fall down. Thanks for that bit of info, I will get two additional supply lines.
  2. Roishe Cheng

Thanks HJ. I don't believe it is soldered. Will let you know when I take it apart.
  3. Roishe Cheng

Terry, thanks for the guidance. The substance was very soft and waxy + greasy which reminded me of plumbers putty. It probably got discolored over time.
  4. Roishe Cheng

Hi all: I changed the faucet in my wife's bathroom and noticed the sink drain just seemed to be in bad condition. No leaks, but I'm wondering why the previous owner of the house had to do this. Perhaps there was some underlying problem they couldn't figure and hacked it. There is a lot of putty...
  5. Roishe Cheng

Does anyone know what this is? A dry well?

I think I should clarify my statement. They weren't dumping the water directly into the pipe. They were dumping it into the rectangular space surrounded by the concrete blocks that are mortared together.
  6. Roishe Cheng

Here is what someone else mentioned on another site. Perhaps you guys can validate if it's true or not. "That appears to be a gas line sleeve vent. Per code, whenever a gas line is run under for through a slab within the confines of a structure the line must be enclosed in a conduit of...
  7. Roishe Cheng

Hi Jim, someone else mentioned a radon vent. Is this common on houses that don't have basements? If so, why all the concrete blocking around it? Just to protect it?
  8. Roishe Cheng

I've always had this pipe sticking out of the ground in my backyard, right next the foundation of the house, surrounded by cinder blocks in a rectangular shape. I was wondering if this is some sort of dry well? When I put a garden hose into the hole and try to fill it, it drains very well. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks