Search results

1. majorwoo

Put in my own basement sink, forgot a vent for the washer ptrap

@Cass - I had an AAV to start, the AAV won't work in this case as you can see from the thread. @hj - Thanks for helping me understand what was going on with the air lock. You come off a little harsh(maybe just me!), but I sincerely appreciate the help. @geniescience - Yes, the pump has a...
  2. majorwoo

Right, removing the sink trap lets the air escape via the sink as long as the air can get from the pump back up the line to the sink. My question is, isn't that basically venting it into the house the same as removing the AAV (which would work all the time as it would never be subject to the...
  3. majorwoo

OK, when I reverse the wye I plan to put in the connection for the washer discharge line (after the trap) to the vent line (like the picture Terry has on the forums here), but I agree that it doesn't solve my actual vent problem. I'm looking for a good way to avoid taking a vent line through my...
  4. majorwoo

Ok, well proof of concept (for me really, you seem sure) - without the AAV everything works fine, I don't even get water in the sink. So I need a line to my roof, which I'm not sure I'm up to do myself. Thanks for the help.
  5. majorwoo

Again, just trying to understand here but that would give me 2 more sources of air coming in - and I need to get it out right? (So how would it help?)
  6. majorwoo

Ok, then help me understand this. I need air to get out of my system, if I take my studor off I have an open air vent (and we expect the system to work). However, since the only source of actual septic air would have to come back through the check valve only open when the water is being...
  7. majorwoo

Right, so the AAV only lets air in, I understand that (And I understand now why I need to let air out). What I'm trying to gather is when an AAV does work? If they market it as a replacement to an open air vent (and if I understand things) if I had an open air vent things would be working...
  8. majorwoo

No, the only connection to anything else in the house is the discharge pipe from the pump going out to the septic tank. I hope that answers the question? I installed everything you see and simply discharged it into a 2" line that was already there (where the washer was previously discharged).
  9. majorwoo

According to the site these studor AAV's are a replacement for a open pipe system, but I do see what you mean about not allowing air out - and if I understand the problem correctly, I've airlocked the pump tank behind all the water trying to get in - so I need a way to let the air out of the...
  10. majorwoo

Basically I'm venting the washer line after the p-trap similar to https://terrylove.com/images/washer_rough_b.jpg Something like this?
  11. majorwoo

Ok, history The previous homeowner had done a wonderful job of discharging the washer into a 2" pvc pipe about 7" overhead. It was literally 3 washer discharge lines connected end to end going to a 2" pipe with a single upturned 90" elbow and the discharge line stuck in that. There was a rag...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks