Search results

1. liveinfixer

Iron Or What???

Not to put words in Gary's mouth, but I suspect he'd mean using a Centaur filter which is made with anthracite coal. Much harder, much longer lasting.
  2. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

Naturally I was thinking of how cheap and effective such a hypothetical electrical treatment might be. http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2006-10-27/
  3. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

KDF Process Media From: http://www.triangularwave.com/f4.htm "The oxidation/reduction potential (ORP) shift by a factor of -300mV or more for water filtered through redox media controls microorganism growth. Treating water reduces bacteria and other microorganisms by disrupting electron...
  4. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

Redox media works on bacterial iron. I just ran accross this little tidbit. http://www.pwgazette.com/ironremovalrules.htm If you scroll down or search for Redox you find out about a copper/zinc media that works on bacterial iron without chlorination. It doesn't say anything about whether the...
  5. liveinfixer

Dosing Water Softener

Sounds like an ordinary modern water softener. There's at least two guys who post here all the time that can expain salt dosing perfectly so I won't bother. There are filters available that can cope with about anything but hardness it seems. Non salt "softeners" (very touchy subject) do not...
  6. liveinfixer

Softeners, resin, and iron removal

Iron eats salt Iron equates 4 grains for each part per million. (Gary's figure) Sears and some other softeners say to consider it as 5 grains. Regardless, your iron content equates to at least 28 grains of hardness. You've already got 35 grains which will require quite a bit of salt in and...
  7. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

I would think so! You not only have to heat the water (for how long?) but then cool it off again. This would seem to have energy requirements pretty much the same as passing your whole house water through a tankless heater. Of course, if you could use an efficient heat pump system to shuffle...
  8. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

If it makes a difference to you, I called Verizon to Verizon. Thanks again for the phone conversation, which intruded into your supper. (mine too) If you read my posts in this thread I have never expressed a desire for a UV system. I said I liked the idea of UV. It looks like a clever answer...
  9. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

Thanks for the contribution. I hadn't even thought of a ceramic filter, makes me think of slag... Man, the surface area you'd need for flow; wow. See, the deal with the microwaves is that microwave frequencies we use to cook with are tuned to water. Makes a microwave oven a fiendishly...
  10. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

I'm unfamiliar with the phrase "squirrel mentality", but I rather like it. Why would you ask what I believe when I've already told you what I believe? I believe the best way has yet to be developed; not that manufacturers have developed something they haven't marketed yet. Why would they...
  11. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

A little demanding there, Gary. Let me shoot that attitude back at you. What chlorine byproducts do you mistakenly believe I think will be created every time chlorine is used? List them. What byproducts did I ever express concern about? Quote me! What things do you mistakenly believe I...
  12. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

Well, chlorination is almost a dead certainty. Your post however shows the exact same attitude I've seen from professionals in general construction for as long as I've been involved in it which has been a good long slice of my life. Professionals usually don't care about the developing...
  13. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

Wouldn't ozone and hydrogen peroxide really be the same thing? Though one way would be more expensive. I loved the idea of UV, but have read about it's relative ineffectiveness even for the things it works on. Chlorine is just a means of oxygenation as far as I know. Why will peroxide work...
  14. liveinfixer

Iron Bacteria

Well, I've been told by several people with lots and lots of experience that iron bacteria can only be dealt with through chlorine. I'm willing to bet that not only is this not the only way; it's not the best way; and the best way hasn't yet been found. Anybody care to weigh in?
  15. liveinfixer

New Exterior Wall - No existing anchor bolts

There's no end of ways to anchor the wall. The simplest for you would probably be concrete screws. Go to your local building supply (lumber yard, NOT Lowes, HD etc; there's a reason contractors use these guys) You can find probably a minimum of three different anchoring options there and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks