Search results

1. thebordella

Rotate exhaust vent on new propane boiler install?

Hello, I just had a new propane boiler installed which is working well, but I have one question/concern about the install. Attached is a photo of the exhaust vent. It is oriented horizontally, so the warm air blows out sideways. I have two concerns about this. One, it is somewhat noisy...
  2. thebordella

Help choosing insulation for shed

Hello experts! I need to insulate a shed that was just delivered. To make a very long story short, our house boiler is going to be installed in this shed. The HVAC tech is already signed onto and scheduled for this plan. The shed is pretty basic, 8x8 with a metal roof. I was thinking I...
  3. thebordella

Wiring for hood and microwave

I just removed an old range hood, leaving behind just the power lead from the wall as seen here: I want to place a countertop microwave oven in the cabinet above, and of course replace the range hood with a new model. My question is how I can tap into this power lead for the microwave in...
  4. thebordella

Advice to stop teeny tiny leak?

I have read that about the flood prevention devices. But no, the only Watts piece in this assembly is a very simple 3/8 inch to 1/4 inch brass adapter, threaded male at both ends. The "faucet hose" is just your standard commonplace kind.
  5. thebordella

Thomas, Wow, thank you so much for your kind offer. I have contacted the customer service address you supplied with the information. I will be happy to post a followup when I install the new valve!
  6. thebordella

Hi, I recently posted about installing an icemaker line tapped off my well supply [https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?38055-Help-identify-this-blue-pipe&p=269421]. The job is now done but I have a very small niggling problem. Here is the configuration: 1. Sharkbite Tee on...
  7. thebordella

Help identify this blue pipe?

Thanks for everyone's help. This morning I cut into the pipe in question with a hacksaw and installed a Sharkbite Tee. Worked like a charm. I only have one small little issue that I will post about in a new thread. BTW, it turns out that after all this questioning, the pipe really was just...
  8. thebordella

This morning I took a flashlight and contorted myself around the well room to find any signs of markings on a section of the pipe in question. A ha! The "blue" pipe is in fact marked as "CPVC Gray". I take it this means it is Schedule 80 CPVC. It really does look blue in person. It is old...
  9. thebordella

Thank you! Can you tell me what the proper glue and tee would be? I would like to connect the tee to a 1/2 inch CPVC stub because that is the assembly I have already put together. (The stub connects to a shut off valve which has a compression connector to the icemaker line. Again, this is...
  10. thebordella

Hi, I am working on a project at home that requires me to tap a water supply for an icemaker. I do not want to use a saddle-valve. Instead I want to use a tee. I already have a tee and have assembled the line from the tee to the icemaker line (braided steel compression line). But now I...
  11. thebordella

Installing fridge water line, questions about well water supply

Thanks for the details! To clarify, I do have a little bit of experience here -- I previously renovated a small bathroom and that did involve some CPVC plumbing, both cutting off and adding new valves and fittings, for which I used shark bite and also solvent in different circumstances...
  12. thebordella

Installing fridge water line, questions about well water supply

Hi, I am preparing to install a water line for a new fridge with icemaker. My house is on a well, and there is a utility room with the infrastructure -- incoming well pipe, water tank, water softener (the old two-piece kind with a salt container and some sort of torpedo-shaped device), and hot...
  13. thebordella

Help diagnose rumbling oil furnace?

Hi, I am a newbie at furnace-related DIY, and this is my story. (Apologies in advance for the length.) My house has a Slant Fin Liberty L-20-P oil furnace (not steam, baseboard hot water). It is an older unit, about 20 years old. For the several years I've been living here, I've had a service...
  14. thebordella

Help with trap configuration

Apologies for my ignorance -- I don't know what a backwater/check valve is. The only two valves I am familiar with in that first picture are the hot and cold cutoff valves. I could cut a slot in the new vanity for the low-hanging trap, but before I do, I thought I'd ask about the old...
  15. thebordella

Help with trap configuration

Hi, I have nearly completed my (first) half-bathroom renovation: new floor, new paint, new toilet, and...new vanity? Almost. When I removed the old vanity/sink, I cut out the old trap. As advised by members on this forum, I then cut back to the drain pipe coming out of the wall and...
  16. thebordella

P-trap newbie

Thank you, that helps! Just to clarify, you are saying to cut to the right (closer to the wall) of that white "collar" (coupler?) in the picture? This will leave a short stub but I suppose I can work with that. I will look for the P-trap kit you describe. -Aaron
  17. thebordella

Need help, snapped coupler thread off plastic supply line

I see -- thanks for pointing that out. (This house is on a septic system if that matters). See my new post about how to handle the trap: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32798 I really don't know where to start with this (much like the above situation 12 hours ago). thanks, Aaron
  18. thebordella

the fix pix Just in case anyone as amateur as me finds themselves in a similar predicament, attached is a photo of the resolved pipe fitting. Starting from the right edge, the orange pipe is 3/4 inch CPVC coming from the wall/house water supply. To the left of that is a SharkBite 3/4...
  19. thebordella

P-trap newbie

Hi all, In my previous post about a water supply line problem (resolved: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32787) I attached some pictures (one also attached here). You can see here the remaining section of drain pipe left after I removed the old vanity. The reason this section...
  20. thebordella

Apologies for my sloppy typing -- yes, I used CPVC for the new stub. Not PVC. Thanks for the tip about the trap. I will look into that! -Aaron
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks