Search results

1. mark5767

Preventing sump pump discharge lines from freezing?

This seems to work This is 1.5" PVC joined to 3" PVC right as it comes out of the house. The basement is heated. There are 2 pumps and they both have been running this winter which is more than normal, but I'm working at home these days so maybe I just notice it more. I keep waiting for...
  2. mark5767

Sump Pump - Zoeller?

Woops! For the record, I think it's JH Larson, not JH Thompson, sorry about that! They are a plumbing supply shop that does not appear to specialize much in retail, but they were still willing to work with me as a DIY.
  3. mark5767

Sump Pump - Zoeller?

I'm also a DIY, but I've been operating an active 2 sump pit system for around 7 years without a flood. I recently replaced one pump (second replacement of this pump) with a Zoeller M53. Unless you've got an extreme amount of water flowing in a storm the M53 should be more than adequate at...
  4. mark5767

Homeowner On a Budget- Sump Pump Installs

Thanks, I gathered that Flotec is not the best regarded brand from some other comments, I will probably replace with another Zoeller M53 at some point, those are nice looking affordable pumps, built in Kentucky to boot? While I am boring you guys with my set up I might as well have you look...
  5. mark5767

Homeowner On a Budget- Sump Pump Installs

Here are some shots of a recent replacement and I did with help of info on this forum. I have 2 pits that are pretty active whenever it rains. They are opposite sides of the basement, one in an unfinished utility room and the other in a cabinet in a finished room we use for the kids playroom...
  6. mark5767

Faulty Sump Pump Switch

Here's a shot of the old switch which appears to be a 10VM1WP model... This switch worked fine for 6 years of pretty active pumping, might need to get the exact same model number switch I suppose.
  7. mark5767

Faulty Sump Pump Switch

The switch started sticking on my main pump (a 6 year old Flotech Ironmate 1/2 HP) so I picked up a replacement at a big box store for around $48... Well this switch didn't work at all. Instead of the contact remaining in the on position as the float drifted down to the stopper, it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks