Search results

1. jaheinzel

Hot water heat pipe layout question

We had two rooms in our upstairs with baseboard heat. We remodeled another room and asked the contractor to add baseboard to this room. The feed and return lines come up into the knee-wall attic and feed the upstairs from there. Here is a drawing of how the pipes ran before and after. My...
  2. jaheinzel

Shut off valve question

I have an old shut off valve in my system and I'm not exactly sure how it works and don't want to force something the wrong way and break it. This is a picture of the front and back of the valve. The back side is threaded and the front looks like it can be turned, but I think you have to do...
  3. jaheinzel

Little to no heat upstairs

I have a hot water boiler system in my house. Overall the house is nice and warm. Upstairs Bedroom 1 has a nice big old cast radiator with a line coming pretty much straight up from the boiler to feed it. That room is fine. The rooms that are not warm are highlighted in dark blue. They all have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks