Search results

1. American Irrigation

installation of backflow preventer in crawlspace

Although It may be allowed, you wont save any money. Being a backflow tester I can promise you that you will pay for it in the test fees, especially if your municipality requires annual test. I would charge double to get into a crawl space.
  2. American Irrigation

filling/topping off a pond via sprinkler system

Only negative to running it full time off the main-line is that if it seeps, leaks, or gets debris in it, it will run forever. Seen many a 1,000 dollar water bill caused by a goofed up fill valve directly tied off the main.
  3. American Irrigation

Sprinkler Polyethylene Piping: what is lifespan?

Long time. Ive never seen any just "rot". Mechanical damage to it can neccisitate replacement, or debris lodged inside though.
  4. American Irrigation

rain dial timer reading short

Most likely faulty solenoids. Move or Replace them with a known good solenoid and retest.
  5. American Irrigation

why would my avb dump

A backflow preventor is required on any Irrigation cross connection to the potable water supply. In addition you need a check valve as to not pressurize the supply your water is coming from.
  6. American Irrigation

richdel

The above poster is correct you bleed port is either clogged, or misaligned. The 205 valve has a bleed port below the solenoid, that must be aligned with the same port in the casing. It looks terribly like a screw hole, and if you dont oreintate the bonnet correctly the valve will also not...
  7. American Irrigation

sprinklers problem

You need a delay between zones. If your controller doesnt have this feature, skip a zone when wiring them. Aka connect zone one leave two black connect three etc.. Many times when running a well, the zone changes is what causes the problem. When switching from zone one to zone two zone one...
  8. American Irrigation

lawn and landscape irrigation system planning

Regardless of who designs your system the only way to know what your meter will flow is via a flow test. Cut into the supply wherever you intend to put the backflow preventer and run water into a known size container (5 gal bucket works good) and calculate how much water your getting for a set...
  9. American Irrigation

filling/topping off a pond via sprinkler system

I would probably just make the pond a seperate valve, and put a manual float in the pond. That would be easiest, and then it would work off your sprinkler timer.
  10. American Irrigation

Sprinklers not popping up

Poor quality heads commonly stick down or only pop up partially. Toro, and Hardie spray heads are two of the most common that have this problem. Generally if the stem of the head will move freely by hand then the head is not sticking, you have a pressure problem. If the pressure issue is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks