Search results

1. pensfan84

New Kitchen Gas Line Install

Okay, simple question. I'm extending an existing gas line in my home for a gas range installation. I'm going to install a few new shutoffs and extend the line into the kitchen - my question is this: what's the best sealant to use on the pipes when I connect them together? Is teflon tape...
  2. pensfan84

New Lavatory P-Trap

I'm installing a new lavatory in a fully gutted bathroom - I am able to take care of the drain and vent properly (thanks to many of you on this forum) but my question relates to the fittings for the P-trap. Everything is 1 1/2" ABS, so I am wondering which fitting I should use to connect the...
  3. pensfan84

Toilet Install - Flange and Unifit Question

I'm installing a Toto Vespin toilet in a newly remodeled bathroom and am wondering where I should install the toilet flange and the unifit rough-in - should I attach the flange to the subfloor and therefore also the unifit rough-in to the subfloor, or should I install both over the tile floor...
  4. pensfan84

Water Lines - Increasing Pipe Size

The water line coming off of my main shutoff is 1/2" - am I able to increase the pipe to a larger size right after the main shutoff without losing much pressure?
  5. pensfan84

Supply Lines

I recently purchased my 80 year old home and am beginning to remodel. During the process, I will be replacing most of the existing iron and old copper pipe with new copper supply pipe. I've read that it's a good idea to supply the bathrooms that have both a toilet and a shower with 3/4"...
  6. pensfan84

Stack Venting - Toilet and Shower

I've communicated with a master plumber on another forum, but wanted to check with you all on what he said. I have a toilet that is 4' away from the main stack, and a shower that is 2' away. Is it possible to install a fitting like the one below to stack vent both the toilet and the shower?
  7. pensfan84

Soil Stack Question

I recently tore out my old cast iron stack in my house and am in the process of replacing it with ABS. I've replaced the vent portion thus far from the basement through the roof flashing with 2" ABS. I've also connected to the main cast iron pipe in the basement floor using a 4 band fernco...
  8. pensfan84

Toilet Drain

I am installing a new toilet that is 4' away from my main stack and will be installing a 4" sanitary tee and stack venting the toilet. I have all intentions of installing a 4" closet flange as well. Is a 4" closet flange appropriate for this? What size closet bend should I use for this?
  9. pensfan84

Rewiring

I recently purchased my home that was built in 1930 and found that 80% of the house is on one single 20A knob and tub circuit. YIKES! So while I'm working on my bathroom and have a portion of the first floor tore out, I'm going to rewire the house. I have 8 spaces open in my circuit...
  10. pensfan84

Stack Venting

Quick question for everyone - Am I able to stack vent a toilet and shower into a 4" ABS stack using a TY with a 2" inlet? Both the tub and the toilet are within 6' of the stack. Or should I branch drain the lav and tub and branch vent these above the highest fixture and tie into the vent...
  11. pensfan84

Replacing Main Stack

I'm going to be pulling out my existing cast iron stack and replacing with ABS, but I'm not sure of how I would connect this to the existing sewer main. The cast iron runs into our concrete floor in the basement, and then to the street. What is the best thing to do in this case? Should I...
  12. pensfan84

Bathroom Exhaust Fan

So I am remodeling my bathroom and I was wondering where the best spot to place the exhaust fan vent would be. The bathroom is on the first floor and going through the roof, while difficult, is an option. This route, however, is going to be at least 15' straight up. Easiest placement would be...
  13. pensfan84

New Bathroom - Venting and Draining

I'll give some background information and then ask my questions: I recently purchased a home and decided to tear our the existing bathroom. So far I've tore out the entire bathroom to the studs and capped the existing supply lines. I'm confident in my skills to re-run the supply and drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks