Search results

1. P

Favorite valve?

In my other thread about valves, someone mentioned that you cant buy supply valves with solder ends cause no one sells them anymore. And that they are replaced by compression valves. - or am I an idiot and dont know what I'm talking about?
  2. P

Type of valve

Tightening the Packing Nut did the trick. No more dripping! However, the supply valve has started to make that loud hammering noise when filling the tank :( The noise goes away when I crank open the valve. Is air getting in there? Should I just go and replace it with a compression valve?
  3. P

Type of valve

Thanks jadnashua, I will keep that in mind if I have to replace the valve.
  4. P

Type of valve

Thanks to everyone for ALL your insight. Its much appreciated. I will try and tighten the "packing nut" (thanks Gary for the terminology). If that doesnt work I will install a new valve! Once again...thanks.
  5. P

Type of valve

I'd like to thank everyone for your quick replies and advice. Just answer these 2 last questions for me and I will be good to go *crossing fingers* 1. How reliable are the compression fittings? It wont just blow off the end of the pipe one day will it? 2. Are new houses being built...
  6. P

Type of valve

Its leaking where the handle screws into the fitting. Does that make sense?
  7. P

Type of valve

How reliable are the compression fittings? It wont just blow off the end of the pipe one day will it? Are new houses being built exclusively with these compression type fittings? Also, how can you tell that this valve is soldered on? Is it the discoloration on the copper? Reason I'm...
  8. P

Type of valve

I recently replaced all the parts in the back of toilet, once I did that the toilet supply valve started to leak. The valve probably hasnt been turned in 10+ years and needs replacement, however I'm unsure as to the type of valve it is. Can you guys tell what type of shutoff valve this is?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks