Search results

1. tom.andersen

Electrical demand for 1/2 hp pump is 1.4kw?

Ok found the 1400 watts, its apparently correct. It works out to 1400 watts (6 amps at 230 - we are on 240) - exactly what my TRMS metering says. The CSCR control box is only about $120 and will pay back in one year or so for me. FRANKLIN Mfr. Model # 2824055015 So if I want to save even...
  2. tom.andersen

More info: The well is only 60 ft from the pressure tank, and its all 6 years old. Looks like 1.25 " plastic coming from the well to the house.
  3. tom.andersen

I just installed a whole house energy monitor, and was surprised by the fact that my 1/2 hp franklin well pump uses 1400 watts. I never thought that the well pump would use so much electricity. 1/2 hp is after all only 746/2 watts. I guess the 1/2 hp is the 'output hp' of the pump, and it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks