Search results

1. Vitaliy

Bath tub replacement cost?

Hi Everyone, I am planning to replace my old bath tub with new one. New one will be “Steam Shower + Hot Tub + Sauna†complete unit (tub with all walls and ceiling). Some plumbing and electrical job will be required. Electric box is right below bathroom so wiring should not be a big deal...
  2. Vitaliy

Sealing threaded water pipe leak after installation

Since you have to redo the job you may consider to modify yours installation a bit. I did the same job recently and I thought it would be wise to install unions and shutoff valves on both sides, bypass valve and filter flush valve. Also I added two pressure regulators and four pressure gages...
  3. Vitaliy

My well was hurt by Katrina. Need help

Dear pacts, If the pump is above 25’ (30’ best case max) water line in the well you CANNOT get even SINGLE DROP of water even if you put together ALL pumps in entire universe! And if you will be able to get water this way then next Nobel Prize will be yours because of you will find the...
  4. Vitaliy

Faulty pressure regulating valve?

The right place for the PVR is where main supply line entered the house right after main shutoff valve and before or after water meter. Looks like yours in a right place. Do you have an expansion tank? If you don’t have one you should install it immediately. You have a PVR and if this PVR...
  5. Vitaliy

My well was hurt by Katrina. Need help

I am not sure did I get it right but looks like your pump is OUTSIDE the well somewhere on the ground. If this is a case and water level is below 30’ your pump you will not have ANY water at all REGARDLESS of how deep is your well, how long is your suction line and powerful is your pump. There...
  6. Vitaliy

Air Chambers

Info I had a very hard time to find a place where I can buy these arrestors: But yes, they are doing the job. - Vitaliy
  7. Vitaliy

DIY Sewer Cam

Hi Jason, Do a search and/or research. I just gave you an idea. Cables could be a bit pricy but this way all your equipment will be outside in a clean environment. Sorry, for image transfer you will need multi core cable (don’t be confused with multi mode cables). - Vitaliy
  8. Vitaliy

DIY Sewer Cam

Why not to use just a single core fiber optic cables? You will need two cores – one to feed light and another one to get back image. This way you can inspect even 2†pipes. - Vitaliy
  9. Vitaliy

Bathtub refinishing experience?

Thank you all for the sheared experience. Well, looks like I don’t have any option at all or did I missed something? :eek: - Vitaliy
  10. Vitaliy

Inspection/licensing for working on own house

Jimbo, I live in Massachusetts since September 1992. All gas stations had ‘self service†pumps and only few had “full service†(i.e. assisted) pumps in ADDITION to “self serviceâ€. Are you saying in Massachusetts I cannot replace even toilet supply line myself? If this still a...
  11. Vitaliy

Bathtub refinishing experience?

Hi Guys, I know, you are all for total bathtub replacement but at this time for me this is not an option. My wife also categorically rejected the idea to use plastic insert. So looks like my only option would be to refinish my old iron cast bathtub. If somebody did it could you please...
  12. Vitaliy

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

Hi Tery, Ops, I missed “SanaGloss†on general description Toto web page. However spec does not have word “SanaGloss†in it. My unit did not have any sticker/emblem or so but yes, bowl looks shinier. So is it “SanaGloss†or it is a passivity it is not? Anyway we like it a lot -...
  13. Vitaliy

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

CEFIONTECT or not? Is my Ultramax TOTO model number MS854114S-01 CEFIONTECT or not? I have not seen “SanaGloss†mentioned in spec, on box and even on TOTO web page next to Ultramax toilets. Thank you, - Vitaliy
  14. Vitaliy

No heat upstairs

You should have Taco control valves or similar. If you have common circulator pump and control valve for each zone then zone thermostats are turning ON and OFF correspondent zone valve and valve’s contacts are turning ON and OFF circulator pump. Assuming your system was working before, you...
  15. Vitaliy

NPT-to-NPS?

Threads compatibility? Hi Jimbo, OK, forget about that valve. I really would like to understand threading compatibility issue. It is clear that NPS-to-NPS is OK with gasket seal and NPT-to-NPT is OK with Teflon Tape and/or Teflon Dope (or both) seal. But how about NPS-to-NPT, M-F...
  16. Vitaliy

NPT-to-NPS?

Confused? Hi Jimbo, Your assumption is correct but now I am confused. OK, valve outlet is a 1/2 FIP. If I can screw in 1/2 IPS close nipple then why I cannot screw it right on faucet inlet which is also 1/2 IPS? Combination of 1/2 IPS x 1/2 IPS flex with 1/2 IPS close nipple looks like...
  17. Vitaliy

NPT-to-NPS?

Adaptors and happy wife. Hi Jimbo, So, could you please advice what adaptors to use or which check valves to buy and WHERE??? to buy them (for some reason I cannot find these things at all, i.e. place where to buy)? Thank you, - Vitaliy PS. 23000 gallons will cost me about $250...
  18. Vitaliy

Touchless Ez-Faucet?

Sensor Faucets Hi Terry, OPS! Somehow I missed your offer on sensor faucets. Please let me know what you can offer. Thank you, - Vitaliy PS. BB-1000 bidet seat arrived and I already installed it temporary on old toilet. My wife already like it a lot! New TOTO Ultramax supposed...
  19. Vitaliy

NPT-to-NPS?

Hi Jimbo, Yes, you made a point! I bought that Ez-Faucet toy. (BTW so far it works OK) HJ made a very good point about potential cross connection problem. I don’t like to introduce problems. The solution is to install check valves. Unfortunately I did not find any 3/8†check valves but...
  20. Vitaliy

NPT-to-NPS?

Hi, Can I put together two fittings if one is NPT and another one is NPS or this must not be done under any circumstances? Thank you, - Vitaliy
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks