Search results

1. TomD

Improved Champion 4 flush valve

Thank you Mr. Reynolds. That worked. Happy NY
  2. TomD

Can you provide me with a Korky model number? The link doesn't work for me.. Thank you
  3. TomD

I've come here to find any resolution to my specific problem. I've read the larger, older Champions 4 topic started many years ago. I've had a Champions 4 installed for about 4-5 years. I had our plumber come fix our "ghost flush" and the toilet was fine until about a month ago. It started up...
  4. TomD

See you later, not goodbye!

I likewise was out of touch. I am very saddened to learn of Terry's passing. I learned so much visiting Terry's forum here and will always support this place so that his legacy can live on and on. I offer my condoleneces to Terry's family and to anyone else who considered him his friend and to...
  5. TomD

Anyone Recognize the Manufacturer that Uses this symbol?

After typing in my thread title, a few similar questions popped up (great feature of this forum, BTW). The last thread out of 5 was asking the same question I had. Someone answered the questioner by saying that this symbol is from a Delta ficture. Is this truly a symbol used by Delta? I need to...
  6. TomD

One Piece Shower bases - anyone have experience with them

My wife and I have to rebuild our shower and the one piece materials interest me. Does anyone have any experience with one-piece shower bases and/or solid surface materials for the walls? I see where Kohler is in this game so it would be something like what they sell or a competitor to them.
  7. TomD

Question about two silicone washers provided with new vanity drain

Thank you Terry. Does it matter which side “goes up” on the washer under the bowl?
  8. TomD

Question about two silicone washers provided with new vanity drain

I needed to replace the umbrella style pop up drain in a half bath sink. The new unit came with what looks like two different silicone washers. When I removed the old drain it seems that the previous installer used both of these under the bowl. If they are both used under the bowl how do these...
  9. TomD

Valve with timer on hot water line

Is there a valve with a timer that can be installed on a hot water pipe so that the valve shuts after, say, ten minutes of flow?
  10. TomD

Timed Automatic water shutoff valve

What is the best automatic shut off valve that you can install so that the hot water can used for, say, only 10 minutes? I'm tired of long showers being taken.
  11. TomD

Replacement Anode in Rheem heater

I want to install an aluminum/zinc anode in my Rheem heater. The parts lists for my heater, from the Rheem website, says that for my heater the anode is 34-3/8". Every anode I see online is much longer and I don't find them for my length. Can I simply cut a longer rod for my specific length?
  12. TomD

Oyster looking stuff clogged a vanity drain

Within the past 6 months I had to unclog the drain on my wife's vanity. No big deal. Typical hair blob wrapped around pop-up lever and dark slime. Fast forward to now and her sink is draining slow again. This time there is as much hair but just past the trap in the pipe that goes into the wall...
  13. TomD

Orange film/crud in bottom of American Standard Champion

We remodeled three bathrooms 2 years ago. The first bathroom has a Gerber toilet and in the other two we put American Standard Champion (4?). In the two A/S toilets a pale orange film forms in the bottom of the bowl. Anyone else have this same issue? Again, these toilets are 2-3 years old -...
  14. TomD

Floor of Remodeled Bathroom Unlevel - Toilet slopes and I fall off of it. :-)

Well actually here's the deal. I remodeled our bathrooms last year. The old 1954 mudset tile floors were removed. After having removed all of the tile and mud bed my contractor laid down the Durock and then installed the tile. The problem is the floor slopes 5/16" across the 12" base of the...
  15. TomD

Can I offset from the existing rough-in a new Vanity installation?

Thank you for your reply. That's actually what I had in mind. I didn't know if it was code compliant.
  16. TomD

Thank you. I'd rather not open the wall. In fact, the the 4" vent that drain connects to is within 8" of where the drain goes through the wall. And...I had the wall open when I removed all of the old tile and it would kill my pride if I admitted that I could have fixed this at that time. :-)...
  17. TomD

I'm finishing up this bathroom remodel and my wife ordered a vanity that I wish was not as wide as it is. Could I offset the vanity to the left a few inches and still use the drain rough-in? In other words, can I elbow over and then down to the trap under the sink. I know the flex hoses can work...
  18. TomD

Remodeling bathroom - new closet flange to cast iron pipe

We are remodeling a 50 year old bathroom. The house has cast iron piping. If I were to replace everything under the toilet (except for the cast iron pipe) with new stuff, what all needs replacing? Is it just the closet flange. How does a closet flange attach to the cast iron?
  19. TomD

Copper tubing in slab

I've worked in the construction business for 30 plus years. I've got a civil engineering degree from one the the most respected engineering schools in the world. That said, I make my living as a construction engineer/manager in an industrial environment and don't perform any design work, per se...
  20. TomD

Copper tubing in slab

Concrete is aggressive to copper. A proper installation should have the copper wrapped in something that provides a separation between the two.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks