Search results

1. C

hot water in zone when T-Stat not calling

I have a 4 zone hydronic heating system. 4 taco pumps off a supply manifold. 3 zones are copper piped fin tube baseboard. The basement was added and has flexible rubber pipes and runs buderus panel radiators. The second floor zone just started running at about 72-74 regardless of what the...
  2. C

DIY causes Unrelated? problem was Watts Floodsafe

Wish I'd seen this weeks ago Had a problem with the hot side of a brand new faucet "slamming" off after about 2 seconds of low flow. Called the MFR and they thought that the valve cartridge was faulty. After warranty hassles, I finally replaced the cartridge, installed the new, and BAM the...
  3. C

Advice for Newbie

completed-thanks! Finished the installation, everything went more or less smoothly, except for a minor incident when the boyfriend couldn't figure out how to close the bleeder valve, and it sprayed across the room. That's what towels are for, and why I do the home repair work in this family...
  4. C

Advice for Newbie

monoflow tees Again, thanks for all the help. I was going to remove about half of a run of baseboard. I considered removing the whole run, as the towel bar is almost enough BTU to heat the space, but not quite enough, and with tile floor, 3 exposed sides and flat roof above, I'd rather be...
  5. C

Advice for Newbie

Thanks Yes, it's a 4 zone, single pipe system, and as far as I've checked there's a vent on each section of baseboard. I'm still not sure if I need to use monoflow tees, as suggested above? It doesn't really make sense to me, but better to do it right the first time.. Thanks for all the help
  6. C

Advice for Newbie

Thanks for the response, NHmaster I understand that monoflow tees are used for putting high resistance items like kickspace heaters, or items in parallel to other heaters. I would think that the resistance on the Runtal Radia would be pretty low (it's a bunch of parallel 3/4" tubes with 3/4"...
  7. C

Advice for Newbie

Sorry for the confusion Thanks for the responses. I mis-phrased my original question. I was thinking "radiant" in terms of heat radiates from the hot water, not the low temp radiant heat that you run in pex tubing under floors. There is no low-temp radiant on the system (although I'd love to...
  8. C

Advice for Newbie

I am completing a complete DIY bathroom remodel and the final touch is to install a runtal hydronic towel warmer by patching it into an existing radiant heat loop in place of a section of fin-tube baseboard. Although I'm comfortable with the piping part of it, I've never drained a boiler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks