Search results

1. GeronimoDF

Cast Iron Am I crazy?

I am finishing my 1000sf basement. Right in the middle of my renovation, my neighbors cast iron pipe drain pipe under his slab finally rotted away. We redid his whole house. Now I am thinking weather I should break up my slab and replace my cast iron before I spend a lot of money finishing...
  2. GeronimoDF

Bathroom rough in

Vent and concrete question Hi, I have a bathroom on a slab. How does this rough in look? Main Line: 4 inch Toilet: Vented with a 2 inch rolled wye Sink: Vented with a 2 inch sani-tee Shower: Vented with a 2 inch rolled wye Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk...
  3. GeronimoDF

Horizontal Run with Pex (* Raceway *)

Hi, I have a raceway with pex. Can I bundle all my pex lines together with a zip tie, and then attach the zip tie to the header or do I have to mount each pex line individually? Thanks, Dan
  4. GeronimoDF

A Y on it's back

Can you turn a Y sideways so it sticks up a little? This line is coming from a slightly higher elevation. Thanks, Dan
  5. GeronimoDF

Are the trap arms 2inch or 1 1/2 inch?

Hi, Just bought a double fixture fitting, but the side pieces are 1 1/2 inches. In this picture, are they 1.5 or 2 inches? Would it be a problem using 1.5 inches for the trap arms? Thanks again, Dan
  6. GeronimoDF

Can I use this?

Hi, I have a 4 inch stack, and I was wondering if I could use a 4" x 4" x 3" Combination Tee Wye to connect a tiolet to that stack?
  7. GeronimoDF

If you could choose...

What would install? 2 inch or 1 1/2 for a clawfoot tub? I know code tells me I can install either one but want your opionons. Thanks Dan
  8. GeronimoDF

Long Island Plumber?

Hi, I am looking for a plumber in Suffolk county who is a contributor to this website? Thanks, Dan
  9. GeronimoDF

What material for toilet flange?

Hi, which type do you guys use when you install a toilet flange? All PVC or PVC with a stainless steel ring or PVC ring with Brass ring? Thanks, Dan
  10. GeronimoDF

ProPEX® EP Stop

Hi, Has anyone use Uponor's ProPEX EP Stop and In-line Valves? They are made from ceramic instead of brass. My wife is ery crazy about lead in the valves even if there is very little. What rule is that..... Just keep the wife happy...
  11. GeronimoDF

Bathtub drain

Hi, I am installing a bathtub. I really want to install a 2 inch p trap, but I do not have alot of room. Can I contort the p-trap in any shape? Secondly, to avoid a s-trap, how short can the trap arm be? In order for me to use a 2 inch p trap, I need to contort the ptrap and have a 6 inch...
  12. GeronimoDF

Porch Lighting

I am going to install several recessed lighting fixtures in my porch ceiling. Do I need to use wire rated for exterior use? I know I need to buy exterior rated fixtures. Anything else I should know??? Thanks
  13. GeronimoDF

How close can PVC and copper be?

Quick question.... I gutted my bathroom, and changed the layout. I have a 2 inch PVC and a copper pipe for my baseboard heater. How close can they be?
  14. GeronimoDF

Double Sink in Bathroom Vanity

I am so confused....... I have attached a picture of my vanity. How would you run the drain lines? The main drain line is to the left of the vanity. The problem is the draws are in the middle of my vanity. If the sinks connect to a p-trap in the middle, then the draws can not be used and...
  15. GeronimoDF

Testing Drain Lines

Does anyone know a good link that talks about testing drain lines? I searched and searched.....I just replaced all the cast iron with 4inch PVC, and I want to test all the connections. Any hints? I read use a 10ft column of water which creates ~ 10psi. In order to fill it up, I would need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks