Search results

1. rrekih

toilet flange hight

My flange is 1/2in to high, the floor is finished. I need to space the toilet up approx. 1/2in. What is the best way to do this?
  2. rrekih

painting new drywall

I have done the first step by sealing the drywall using Cloverdale Paint’s Latex Hi Hide Drywall Sealer for drywall or masonry. Now I need to lightly sand before starting the top coats. After sanding do I need to tack cloth the walls or just blow them off using compressed air? Do I sand...
  3. rrekih

Drywall and radiant heat

I have radiant heat installed in the ceiling of the basement. I will be dry walling the ceiling soon, is there any special considerations that I should do. I am thinking about the heat and the taped joints etc. Would it be better to use fiberglass tape instead of paper? Is there a special...
  4. rrekih

Supply temp ver: return temp

I have a small staple up under floor radiant heating system. Right now 8 zone manifold that I am using 5 zones, will be adding 3 more zones in the near future. I am running supply temp of 140deg F (it actually runs at 137 / 138deg F) The return temp is between 126 and 128deg F, so it runs...
  5. rrekih

will this for radiant heating

I am now using radiant heat for the main floor using staple up pipe in the joist space. I am thinking about using radiant heat for doing the basement but from the ceiling. I have attached a link to a drawing of what I am thinking about...
  6. rrekih

hydronic radiant heating, wall area needed per sq.ft of floor space.

I am toying with using a 2X6 wall for hydronic radiant heating some rooms. This wall runs down the middle of the house and will be used to heat both sides. This is in the basement with only 7ft head space, so underfloor is out. What amount of wall area is needed per sq.ft of floor space. I...
  7. rrekih

waterproofing before tile

I am redoing my front porch. It is approx. 8ft by 3ft. I have put down 3/4in ply. with joists spaced at 14in, the short way. I want to put down tile, what is my best way to waterproof the ply. before I lay the tile? I have thought of using a membrane type of product. Does what you lay have...
  8. rrekih

auto fill ver: shutdown

I am not convinced on using an auto fill for a hydronic system. With a fill line connected all the time you could have a small leak for a long time before finding out. What if using a switch that upon low pressure would shutdown the system via the AC feed? What would be the name of such a...
  9. rrekih

calculate head

How do I calculate the head pressure in a 1/2" pex radiant system. Did some looking on the web, but couldn't find anything conclusvive. I would suspect that the pex would have so much head per ft. and then have to add in connections etc.
  10. rrekih

city supply line into hydronic system

When after filling the hydronic heating system do you need to have the city supply turned on into the system? Does the system use water and need refilling? If you have a leak wouldn't it be better to let the system run down and shut down the system?
  11. rrekih

What's up with the flow

I have installed a underfloor heating system that is running off of the tankless hot water system. The heating box is of the closed loop type. At the moment I have 5 zones being used from the manifold. The loops are from 200ft to 300ft. of 1/2in pex. When running one zone, the shortest, the...
  12. rrekih

how tight to tighten a 1in union

How tight should a 1in copper union be tightened? I have 2 that I have tried to tighten to no avail. Still very small leak under air pressure test of 40psi. I did sweat a threaded adapter to the union. The seal looks clean but dis-colored. Is there a way to lap the two matting surface's...
  13. rrekih

how tight to tighten a 1in union

How tight should a 1in copper union be tightened? I have 2 that I have tried to tighten to no avail. Still very small leak under air pressure test of 40psi. I did sweat a threaded adapter to the union. The seal looks clean but dis-colored. Is there a way to lap the two matting surface's...
  14. rrekih

radiant heat in the walls?

I have a low ceiling in the basement. I was planing on using hydronic radiant heat panels for the basement. The main floor is radiant underfloor heat. Instead of using heat panels can I run the pipe up and down the walls and have the whole wall as the heat source?
  15. rrekih

pressure and hydronic radiant heat

From what I understand the pressure for hydronic radiant systems is about 12psi. What is the reason for this being so low? The pex pipe is rated much higher even at high temp. Does it have anything to do with the supply to the boiler? I have a tank less hot water heater system that is...
  16. rrekih

1in NFT threads

How many turns should I be able to turn by hand before needing a wrench? The reason I ask is I have a heating box from Navian that has 1in and 3/4in NPT stubs on the bottom. When trying to thread a connector it goes about 1 to 1 1/4 turns before needing a wrench.
  17. rrekih

What is the purpose of the Controller?

I am wondering what the controllers function is in hydronic floor heating? I have installed pex in the joist space's for the main floor. There is 5 separate loops for the main floor, 3 more to be added for the basement once I get it finished. Hence the 8 loop manifold with a 4 wire actuator...
  18. rrekih

talons and pex

I am using 1/2in and 3/4in pex and supporting it using talons. What is the max. spacing between talons? I have noticed the the 3/4in pex that I have running down the joist warps a lot when it heats up. I have the spacing at about every 2ft. I have also run my 1/2in pex for the radiant...
  19. rrekih

radiant heat system questions

Hi There I plan on installing a boiler etc. to heat the main floor with stapled up underfloor radiant heat and the basement with baseboard type heating. The main floor would have 5 zones. The basement would have 3 baseboard zones. My thoughts for the main floor is to have the kitchen, living...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks