Search results

1. rrekih

toilet flange hight

This is pretty much what I thought. Just looking for another solution if it was there. Thanks
  2. rrekih

toilet flange hight

I am unable to put the flange down on top of the floor. When the pipe was installed to keep the flow angle proper I had to put the flange at this height. To get it any lower would meant having to rip out much concrete, the main stack etc etc. I am aware of the toilet sitting on a secure base.
  3. rrekih

toilet flange hight

My flange is 1/2in to high, the floor is finished. I need to space the toilet up approx. 1/2in. What is the best way to do this?
  4. rrekih

painting new drywall

I have done the first step by sealing the drywall using Cloverdale Paint’s Latex Hi Hide Drywall Sealer for drywall or masonry. Now I need to lightly sand before starting the top coats. After sanding do I need to tack cloth the walls or just blow them off using compressed air? Do I sand...
  5. rrekih

Supply temp ver: return temp

I am using a total modulating tank less hot water heater.
  6. rrekih

Drywall and radiant heat

I have radiant heat installed in the ceiling of the basement. I will be dry walling the ceiling soon, is there any special considerations that I should do. I am thinking about the heat and the taped joints etc. Would it be better to use fiberglass tape instead of paper? Is there a special...
  7. rrekih

It is not a finished area at the moment so I could in worst case scenario do a reconfigure.
  8. rrekih

I have a small staple up under floor radiant heating system. Right now 8 zone manifold that I am using 5 zones, will be adding 3 more zones in the near future. I am running supply temp of 140deg F (it actually runs at 137 / 138deg F) The return temp is between 126 and 128deg F, so it runs...
  9. rrekih

hydronic radiant heating, wall area needed per sq.ft of floor space.

Just a quick reply. I will have to read your reply a few times to take it all in. I have dropped the water temp from 160deg to 140deg and it actually feels warmer overall. Let it run longer. I am not using a boiler but a tankless hot water system and a heating box connected to it. The...
  10. rrekih

That is one thought about snaking the tubing in the joist space. One thought I had was to run 2 pipes in one joist space but use only every second one. Good point about the thermal bridging though. I will probably come up with some kind of plastic standoff type of thing. I will do a heat loss...
  11. rrekih

will this for radiant heating

I am now using radiant heat for the main floor using staple up pipe in the joist space. I am thinking about using radiant heat for doing the basement but from the ceiling. I have attached a link to a drawing of what I am thinking about...
  12. rrekih

Thanks, lots of good info. I was thinking of putting down DriCore floor but I think your idea is better. Will probably use 1in of XPS and the OSB over top. The foil is for a radiant barrier that will be backed with Roxal insulation. So what I am thinking is having a sandwich type of thing...
  13. rrekih

Yes the foil only space is keeping up the heating needs, it takes awhile to come up to temp but once there it shuts down and keeps the temp for quite awhile before turning on again. Thanks for the idea of the Iso board, I will look into it. I will be separating the main floor from the...
  14. rrekih

That's interesting about using the ceiling as the heat source. I have thought about that as well. Right now I am heating the upper floor with staple up radiant heat with a 1.5in to 2in gap to the reflective foil barrier. I plan to put roxul insulation under that, would it work to put another...
  15. rrekih

I am toying with using a 2X6 wall for hydronic radiant heating some rooms. This wall runs down the middle of the house and will be used to heat both sides. This is in the basement with only 7ft head space, so underfloor is out. What amount of wall area is needed per sq.ft of floor space. I...
  16. rrekih

Help with hydronic radiant heat

I have also put in a system that is mounted under floor. I need to do some fine tuning but all seems to be ok. I looked at your pictures and see that you mounted the pipe away from the joists. I mounted mine up as tight as possible to the joist. One thing I did notice is the mounting clips...
  17. rrekih

waterproofing before tile

I am redoing my front porch. It is approx. 8ft by 3ft. I have put down 3/4in ply. with joists spaced at 14in, the short way. I want to put down tile, what is my best way to waterproof the ply. before I lay the tile? I have thought of using a membrane type of product. Does what you lay have...
  18. rrekih

auto fill ver: shutdown

I have a unique situation. I don't have a boiler but run a heating box with a tankless hot water heater. As for having the heat shutdown while out of town probably isn't a concern where I live. It rarely gets below freezing here. My thoughts are if the pressure goes down I shut off the pumps...
  19. rrekih

auto fill ver: shutdown

I am not convinced on using an auto fill for a hydronic system. With a fill line connected all the time you could have a small leak for a long time before finding out. What if using a switch that upon low pressure would shutdown the system via the AC feed? What would be the name of such a...
  20. rrekih

What's up with the flow

They are not controlled at this moment but will be when I get this sorted out. Probably there will be 3 or 4 control zones, depending on how I want to the basement.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks