Search results

1. C

Air in the plumbing - Rainsoft house filters

Sorry for the delay in the update. We went away for the weekend and then I had to travel for business. Rainsoft came out and found two problems. The good news is that since the visit the problem is apparently resolved. The two issues were: 1) the blue valve was toast 2) the air pump...
  2. C

Gotta love the internet. I found a couple of nice videos that showed exactly how it worked. I now have a higher appreciation for my father who used to make them! We decided to keep the Rainsoft appointment for today so i'll update more when he's been out. At least this way, now we know a LOT...
  3. C

Well when we gave it power it didn't let any air out, so it sounds like it's either bad or it only opens when under x pressure and we hadn't reached 'x'.
  4. C

I'm still suspect the blue relief valve is not functioning correctly. When we hooked it up to power it didn't open up as suggested, that's why I had to relieve the pressure via the valve to the air compressor in the end. It's also why I was rotating it to try and get it off so I could look at...
  5. C

Some good news, we think. My wife and I (we're both technical engineers) started looking at the system closely trying to work out how and why things were working the way they were. After a while we figured out what the air tank is and how it works (we think anyway) and have managed to flush...
  6. C

Thanks Gary, I have it almost vertical now and dare I say, things are better after fiddling yesterday with the blue tank on/off valve. Of course as soon as I post this it'll all break again. I'll go see if I can flush some air out of the pressure thank as per your suggestion. Thanks guys...
  7. C

You noticed that too?. I've looked at that a few times and thought judging by the construction it looked like and 'after thought'. I didn't realize it was illegal however and the inspector (when we bought the house) definitely didn't pick up on it. There's an unused clear waste tube that...
  8. C

OK great. It's mostly open now then to allow the air to escape a lot more. Will that blue valve now sort out the amount of water in the air tank on its own or do I need to somehow bleed the air off until it's 2/3rds water? If so, how do you suggest? I also did some more tuning last night and...
  9. C

It's leaving a grey layer on the toilet basin which only comes off with a brush. It's not all the time, but suddenly we notice a build up and the only way to get it off is to brush it.
  10. C

Yes that's the lever that we're slowly closing. I guess we went too far and I should probably open it up a little again. Is it the relief valve that determines how much air is in the tank based on pressure? I assume I need to back-wash the "silver series" which is the one to the left of it...
  11. C

Hi Gary, thank you for the prompt reply. Yes after a lot of observation I think you are right and the air really starts either when the little air compressor starts or the blue tank goes from draining to filling. I noticed the other day that in the few seconds after you turn on a faucet...
  12. C

I've posted this question on a couple of other forums on the Internet, I'm hoping for a little more success on this site. We have a Rainsoft whole house filter system. It comprises of three tanks, one that is apparently the main filter tank (carbon?), another that is mostly water with air at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks