Search results

1. thomas_callahan

Recent pressure drop in entire house

I've got a recent low-flow problem everywhere in my house. I think I know what's wrong but wanted a second opinion from somebody more experienced. The well pressure tank's pressure switch is on a 30/50 setting and the house-side pressure gauge indicates 30-50 psi through the cycle. The gauge and...
  2. thomas_callahan

Air leak at valve stem in bladder-type pressure tank

I agree completely -- and the fact that he didn't even suggest pumping it back up to minimize stress on the pump until I could get it replaced, or make any effort at all to figure out why it wasn't working even though he had already pointed out that the diaphragm was intact reinforces that. He's...
  3. thomas_callahan

Septic drain line above ground after dirt settled.

Just what I wanted to hear -- thanks! I do have a slow leak from my bathroom faucet but I should be replacing that soon.
  4. thomas_callahan

Septic drain line above ground after dirt settled.

When my septic system was replaced just prior to buying my house, about a year and a half ago, they used the same drain pipe hole in the foundation that used to go to the old system, replacing all of the old cast iron drains in the house with PVC. After a year and a half, the dirt has...
  5. thomas_callahan

Special Basement Drain

S-traps aren't up to code? I don't doubt that they aren't, you guys certainly would know that better than I would -- I just hadn't heard that before. I think every sink in every house i've ever lived in has had them -- I know the two sinks in my current house do. What's the correct replacement?
  6. thomas_callahan

Thanks, I do understand about the capacity ratings -- most of the space in the tank is going to air to create the pressure. And something I meant to ask in my last post -- what about the local building inspector -- do they get involved for something like this? My contractor friend would say...
  7. thomas_callahan

Thanks for the responses! OK, first up -- jadnashua's questions: No, it's not threaded. The product brochure says "Stainless steel air valve is brazed in position rather than mechanically threaded to prevent loss of air pressure...". So no to the next question also, no nut or anything. And...
  8. thomas_callahan

Seperate and reuse PVC piping???

I'm not a plumber but I can tell you from personal experience that no, once PVC is glued that's it. The PVC glue actually melts the PVC pieces and fuses them into one piece. And it happens in seconds so even one minute after you've glued it, it's too late, and even if you re-separate them in 5...
  9. thomas_callahan

I've got a WellXTrol WX202 pressure tank. I'm not sure how old it is because it came with the house that we bought about a year ago, likewise for the well age, depth, HP, etc. (although I'm trying to track down that info now). Recently we woke up with no water pressure -- the pressure switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks