Search results

1. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Hopefully this thread helps other homeowners who lack this knowledge like me. I don’t have the paperwork of what was put into it in front of me but there was something on it about tannin resin and new (different) float for the brine tank. In the past with full chlorine and a second...
  2. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Back on Topic, I recieved as part of my new quote the actual numbers that were difficult to read. Additionally they will be removing my Chlorinator as I dont need it. Hardness 30 Iron 3 Tannin MED PH 7 TDS 1900 Sulpher 0.1 Chloride 0 "The water test performed at your home is for...
  3. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

I looked at the sheet close and I think that the hardness is 30+ and not 30.1 like I had originally thought. Thank Biermech - If a standard chemical feeder puts that much chlorine in the water then I would bet that mine must be in serious need of cleaning because, I have the internal shaft...
  4. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Softner and Carbon sizes Kinetico tanks are 30" tall Carbon Filter is 54" tall and about 10" diameter Although the sales rep said he would wave the bill, It was also nice of them to send me one anyway. Comments on the bill with names removed. SVC Service Rendered ... spoke to...
  5. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Gary, That "pellet hopper" in your pic looks exactly like the one I have and like the one in the pic in my reply 2. I use about 3" pool disks in it and it consumes them in about 2 months. (I know, I know but I aint goanna drink the water anyway it is gross). When I had a working water...
  6. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Afterthoughts I did a little searching online and it would appear that 30 Grains of hardness is going to overwork the best water softener and use a premium of salt. If my calculations are correct 5 lbs of salt a day for 30 grains hardness and 3 ppm iron isn’t that far off. One thing I forgot...
  7. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Thanks Andy, This is what I get for trying to do this myself I guess. The original 'guy' that tested it 5 years ago said I needed chlorine and a huge Birm backwashing filter to clean the water. A that time he wated like $3K to do the install and it was far beyond my means at the time...
  8. ctamblin

kinetico Woes

Hi, While my water woes are probably many - I'll try to keep it short. 5 years ago I had the water tested and the guy said I had 50 PPM iron and that was about it. - suggested I did a new well. Well driller laughed and said just treat it cause around south florida 50PPM is considered good. To...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks