Search results

1. jim baird

Will Toto Drake 1.6 tank fit any other bowl?

...thanks again. Just had to slow down and proceed with care. New Toto is up and running well.
  2. jim baird

I appreciate the great advice. The sticky was a good guide. I used a double thick plus an extra wax ring as flange was quarter inch below tile surface. The tank is not snugging down to the three points so well with just two bolts pulling, and just now I find that my old supply riser that I...
  3. jim baird

Thanks WJC, for the thorough info. Just got back from a step n fetchit run of 120 mi total, bowl intact, sold it to me for $118, plus I had to buy an elongated seat for another $18. I need the thing by this early week, as we have an event planned here for about 30 people next wkend, and need...
  4. jim baird

Success...located two Toto showrooms, each about 50 mi. away. Both near big reservoirs with a lot of high-end residential. One has the Drake bowl in stock, and I am going to go fetch. Thanks for the replies, guys.
  5. jim baird

Thanks for the replies. WJC, the vendor was Home Depot, but they do not stock Toto at brick and mortar, only sell it online. I "knew better", but online order was the only local (25-30 mi.) choice. The tank is ST743S#01. Guess I may have to drive further to find one intact.
  6. jim baird

Long story short here. Unable to buy Toto Drake here except online, free ship to home or store. UPS shipped. Tank OK, bowl broken. Vendor sent replacement bowl nonstop to store for me to fetch, thereby eliminating notorious UPS handling. Local brick and mortar vendor phoned today to say...
  7. jim baird

old flange with new tile

Thanks for the replies. An out of level wc, then would be checked way up on top of the bowl after nestling down into the wax and some turning of the bolts, verdad? I have seen a number of wc's that rocked on tile floors. BTW I am a residential codes and home inspector, so have seen lots of...
  8. jim baird

old flange with new tile

thanks for the replies. Spacer is solid plastic with two bolt and a few screw holes pre-bored. What I don't want to do, Jim, is mess with the screws in the old metal flange that look so rusted I would likely have to bore them out to remove them. Out of level is not severe, but looks...
  9. jim baird

old flange with new tile

thanks for the reply. Already have the spacer to put me at +3/16 or so. Should not I shim the spacer level?
  10. jim baird

old flange with new tile

Old flange is steel, but maybe not stainless. Mounting screw heads rusty. Can I simply caulk extender ring onto this without removing old rusty screw heads. Also need to shim a little on front edge. Maybe bore extender and fasten to old metal with self tappers? New to tile guy.
  11. jim baird

faucet engineering

Jimbo, In your answer you helped support my original expression. I KNOW cars are much better "engineered" today than they used to be. My old faucet still looks shiny. I also know that electronics design is better, but especially there the idea of fixability is history. Now I hear...
  12. jim baird

faucet engineering

Friends, My recent fun with leak repair on my 40 yr old Kohler sink faucet led me to ask this of another forum's responder. If, the next time my faucet starts to leak, should I get off the billfold and buy a new Kohler 4 inch faucet, which I priced at 250-300 bucks? Has faucet engineering...
  13. jim baird

Kohler Valvet (I think) conundrum

Thanks guys. I have enough street smarts to know about holding the stem while tightening down the big cap nut, but that did not make it any easier to do. One's fingers get in each other's way, and the o-ring grip on the stem offers plenty resistance. What I did not like was that I could...
  14. jim baird

OK, How about reversing the handle turn direction? LMAO. Still, the replacement stem doesn't fit the "broaching" on the end fully, but that's not enough to send me back to the parts house. Least fun was to figure out that my most final tightening of the big cap nut is what it took to...
  15. jim baird

Bought new stem kit for lever type Kohler bath sink. Stem threads are right hand for cold and left for hot. A vendor website told me that threads are normally opposite, except for some models like Kohler Valvet. This set has a threaded stem/with plunger also threaded. Washer is on bottom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks