Search results

1. theBigSee

Toto Carlyle II vs. Vespin II reviews?

We are a veteran Toto household -- we installed 2 Aquia II's at our old house, 2 Eco Drakes at my mother-in-law's, and an Aquia II and a Vespin II at our new house. They are without a doubt the finest toilets I have ever used and worth every penny. We have not had any problems or a single clog...
  2. theBigSee

Shower Diverter not diverting fully

Wow, I post a question and Price Pfister itself wants to help. Next, President Obama will be weighing in. I tried installing the nylon washer again and backseating the nose against it. I could get it to turn about 1/12 of a turn this time -- got flow to the tub spout, but zero to the shower...
  3. theBigSee

Actually, I found one sold individually at "blue". I put it on, but found that when I screwed the stem back into the wall, I could barely turn the diverter handle anymore (maybe 1/16th of a turn). With the washer off, the handle does almost a half turn. So, I figure either the washer needs...
  4. theBigSee

I think you're right! I don't remember seeing a loose washer on the diverter, and it is a Price Pfister. Are the washers nylon I guess?
  5. theBigSee

I recently bought a house that has a tub/shower with the 3-stem configuration (hot, cold, diverter). All three stems leaked from the stems, plus when the diverter was switched to shower mode a stream of water would still run out the tub spout (about 10% of the flow) so I replaced the hot and...
  6. theBigSee

Brand-New 1/2" PVC ball valve is leaking

Thanks for the speedy reply. I don't mind the cost of the bronze one, but it's a PVC line -- how do I connect it? Thank you.
  7. theBigSee

Brand-New 1/2" PVC ball valve is leaking

Just put in a solvent-weld 1/2" PVC ball valve as a shut-off valve on my sprinkler system. It shuts off great but when I turn it on, a trickle of water comes out of the handle. Nothing to do but to cut it out and replace it, right? Any suggestions on a replacement that WON'T leak, so I don't...
  8. theBigSee

TOTO Eco Drake HET Watersense toilet review and comments. EcoDrake

I installed 2 Eco Drakes at my mother-in-law's house about 7 months ago, and I realized I had not weighed-in on them here on the boards. I won't belabor the point, but just wanted to say that they're excellent in every way -- quiet, fast, NEVER clog, excellent quality. I prefer the Aquia II...
  9. theBigSee

Aquia II for 11.25"?

Do you mean to 11.25"? That's what I need. Would I drill new holes?
  10. theBigSee

Aquia II for 11.25"?

I installed 2 Aquia II's in my old house with a 11.5" rough-in. I can't remember but I think there was still a tiny bit of space near the wall. My new house has a 11.25" rough-in, and I really would like to put in the Aquia II, it would be sad to be without one! Can someone out there measure...
  11. theBigSee

Why I Think Americast Tubs Are Junk

I wasn't aware of the warranty, and I already disposed of the tub. Perhaps I should email American Standard my photos and see what happens, but I doubt they'll send me any money and I sure don't want any more American Standard products . . .
  12. theBigSee

Why I Think Americast Tubs Are Junk

When researching replacement bathtubs on this site, I was surprised at the generally positive reviews that Americast received. When I removed my old Americast tub last January after barely 11 years of average use, it was a mess of cracks in the resin on the underside -- and this is a tub that...
  13. theBigSee

Ready to install new bathtub - confused on a couple items.

OK, for posterity's sake, here's how it worked out: Thanks to God, I got all the measurements right and when we lowered the tub into place, the sanitary tee slid right onto the stub coming up out of the floor! So it can be done -- if anyone in the future is in the same situation, it's...
  14. theBigSee

Leaking Fernco

This is very intriguing because I was under the impression that it's virtually impossible for one of those to leak! It just seems like it is such a snug fit, especially when tightened. Clearly there's some sort of standing water there, but I would think that it would still not leak even if...
  15. theBigSee

Galvanized for gas in fireplace?

Thanks so much -- we've got it covered on all points. Should work out great. Now I just need to wrap the pipe with tape where it will be covered with masonry and I'm good to go! Thanks again.
  16. theBigSee

Ah, just what I didn't want to hear! Trying to navigate the L.A. Building Department is like running through a maze. I don't even know where to begin! Thanks though.
  17. theBigSee

So I did the right thing and spent a solid amount of money to have a licensed/bonded plumber run a gas line to my fireplace. I came home last night to find everything beautifully done. However, he ran black pipe outside the house and when it transitioned inside, it's galvanized, right into the...
  18. theBigSee

Ready to install new bathtub - confused on a couple items.

I"m in the same predicament re: waste overflow on my new tub, only I'm on a slab and there is virtually no access once the tub is set (the furnace is located directly behind the overflow; the apron is not removable; there's an access panel on the inside wall but it's impossible to reach anything...
  19. theBigSee

trap alternative

Either leave it be or tear it all out and start over and do it right -- preferably the latter. I've tried monkeying around with easy fixes to major problems and it always just cost me headaches and maybe even more money in terms of time and materials. Once I did it right and solved the...
  20. theBigSee

Landscape Fabric Under Tub?

On the verge of installing a Swanstone Veritek tub (yes, I know it's not cast iron, but it's the only one that fits my alcove). I installed a similar Sterling Vikrell shower base several months ago and it came with a sheet of spun landscape fabric as insurance against squeaking, which I put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks