Search results

1. C

Re Routing Stack of drains and water lines

Thank you Thank you to everyone who took the time to contribute. Turns out, we have plenty of room to move the pipes to the right and keep the .25"/1' pitch. (about 7 feet... more than enough of room in the 1 foot space we have between the ceiling and next floor) So the original mockup I...
  2. C

Thanks, HJ Those large insulated 4" (measured this morning) ABS pipes have nothing to do with the kitchen sink. The kitchen sink is behind the wall (in the kitchen) in the labeled photo where I outlined in purple. Upstairs, we have a bathroom directly above the drains/"sewer stacks" (like I...
  3. C

I disagree with your assessment on the price. I have more than 10 years experience working with one of the largest construction companies in the world. Have many friends in the MEP world so let's put the money issue to rest. This is a fairly simple job and can't see it costing more than...
  4. C

Thanks, guys. I see what you mean about price. The quotes were all for the same thing- all demo done by us, and then all ceiling repair, insulation, etc etc. We are just talking rerouting of the pipes and nothing more. What should we be looking for when we meet these contractors? We...
  5. C

Thanks for the insight. Yes we spoke to the neighbors about it. They are ok with having their water shut off while their drain is moved. Once the wall is gone, there will be no wall above it. On the other side will be base cabinets, so those will support the countertop. The pipe is...
  6. C

God bless America. Bottom line is I'm looking for someone who knows what they're talking about to give me some constructive advice. I'm not interested in bogus prices or anything of the sort. I've been told this is a serious website where you can find good advice and from what I've read...
  7. C

Hah! Tempting, Peter... tempting! You are correct, that is not a load bearing wall.
  8. C

Thanks, Peter. We have been told that a header will not be necessary, as there will be a way to run it out through the ceiling first and then back into the wall, keeping the correct pitch. I appreciate your amazing "offer", but I am really looking for advice from master plumbers or...
  9. C

Hopefully this makes it clearer Ok, I took a new photo and marked it up- hopefully this will help. The second photo is how we hope for it to look. I should add that we are a bottom duplex in a 2 duplex (town home style) building. There are no load bearing walls, and our bottom floor is...
  10. C

Hello Everyone I'm remodeling my kitchen and need some advice as the quotes I've gotten from plumbers have ranged literally from $600 to $15,000 dollars. Now I am by no means a plumber, but I am certain that this part of our remodel job is less than 2k. That said looking the picture, what I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks