Search results

1. acrod

Problems with my fleck valve, clicking noise

very true about what my time is worth. It's just so frustrating when you have no idea what the problem is.
  2. acrod

Thanks for all the help so far, so what would you say are my best options right now? Is it worth it to try and fix?
  3. acrod

Yes it seems to be coming from the white cam, but not 100% sure. Is there any way to Pinpoint the problem?
  4. acrod

Digital control valve, the clicking seems to be coming from the downflow cam thing. Area. (Sorry, I'm not too versed in softener terms).
  5. acrod

I'm not too sure, the manual says twinflo e. So it can be done without calling a professional? Is it worth it to rebuild it, or should I just buy a less expensive single tank meter, and be done with it? A two tank system is way more than my house needs anywas
  6. acrod

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, is that difficult to do? Is this normal for a three year old softener, I know anything mechanical can break but you would think it wouldn't break down so early. How would I know which piston it is? Thanks.
  7. acrod

I have been having problems with fleck 8500 twin valve over the past few months, during the start of the cycle the gears start making this clicking noise and do not advance the cycle. I have been able to push the gear to get it going again and then it starts clicking and won't go anywhere. I...
  8. acrod

PRV and location for install

from what I have seen it looks like everything comes in through the attic. There are no pipes outside anywhere coming in or out that I have access too. im still trying to find out where the main water line is because I can't see all the piping from the manabloc as it is covered over in attic...
  9. acrod

the main shutoff is 20 feet away from the front of the house near the curb and water meter which is underground. digging is not something I want to do. I was told anything above 80 psi was too high for residential plumbing and can cause leaks and damage. I don't know if pressure had anything...
  10. acrod

I don't have a basement and I have no idea where the line first enters the house. Is there a way I could find out where the main line enters?
  11. acrod

My water pressure at the hose bib is at 85psi and from what I am told fluctuates quite wildy during different times of the day. My house is only 2 yrs old but I live outside the city limits and their is no requirement to have one installed, so the builders did not put one in. The water meter...
  12. acrod

Help! Leaking resin tank

Yes I am on city water. So you think I should first switch the tanks to see if it also leaks? If the other one does leak when I switch them, it is probably a pressure issue in which case can be fixed by a pressure regulator correct? Is there a special way to go about checking the threads for...
  13. acrod

Help! Leaking resin tank

well I feel stupid even mentioning it but I got duped and bought it from aquativa which is now bankrupt and not honoring any of their products. I already had the prefilter burst earlier this year flooding my garage, and I could never get the company to pay for it. So trying to get them to...
  14. acrod

Help! Leaking resin tank

I just found this website so thanks in advance to anyone who can help me here as I am at my wits end. I have a dual tank water softener and recently one of my tanks has started leaking at the junction of the threaded tank collar and where the valve sits on the tank. I've checked numerous times...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks