Search results

1. amkazen

Franklin Control Box

Hi, My well pump will not stay pumping for much more than 10 seconds to maybe 3 minutes. I had a well company clean my 3,000 cistern today. Pump worked perfect before this issue. I turned off the well pump breaker sometime in the last 1 - 2 weeks to allow our water usage to to drain the...
  2. amkazen

Crown XBF-150EID LP Boiler Questions

Hi, I am looking for some guidance on my 15-year old Crown XBF-150EID LP boiler. Should we replace the gas valve only, the gas valve & aquastat, or just live with the two items right now, not replacing them, and replace the boiler before the Fall with a wall-hung high-efficiency unit? What...
  3. amkazen

Kitec Question

Questions: 1) Ever hear of issues with KITEC pipe just failing and not because of the dezincification issue? Or, is that what I have but without any build-up inside the pipes? All the JKITEC threads on this site..wow, and I could not find but one post abut a KITEC pipe failing as a result of...
  4. amkazen

Boiler Not Coming On Automatically

Thanks for the tips. I will test it & observe it as you suggest.
  5. amkazen

Water Hammer & Water Hammer Arrester location

Uhh, I think the two older posts said the same thing you just said...keep the water from flowing back into the storage tank. And, that is where the check valve was installed. Anyway, as I said, I was just coming back to say the water hammer issue was resolved when the submersible pump was...
  6. amkazen

Kitec Question

Hi, I am, as of 2 weeks ago, very well aware now of the $125M settlement of the class action lawsuit out of North Texas. What a stupid, stupid thing I did to have this entire house plumbed with KITEC in 2001 - 2002. Anyway, here we are now and guess what? Leaks. But, it is interesting...
  7. amkazen

Hi, I came back here to ask a question and noticed I never replied with the final solution to this water hammer issue. Nothing I did or any plumber did solved the issue until this past March. We had a well guy come out and he removed the jet pump from the system and put a submersible pump in...
  8. amkazen

Boiler Not Coming On Automatically

Hi, I have a 1) Crown Mega Stor Indirect Water Heater model #MS-40, Capacity: 40 gallons, Max Allowable Working Pressure: 150 psi, Temperature set to 170°, Watts Regulator Temperature & Pressure Relief Valve Model 100XL, Honeywell Aquastat 8148E Controller, Type L4006, Watts Regulator...
  9. amkazen

Odd: Potassium Taste

Thanks for the reply. The cycle completed and the water is finally starting to taste better. It was odd that this was the 1st time we had this issue after 10 years. The power has gone out multiple times before and the timer has never been adjusted. So, it is another thing to check...
  10. amkazen

Odd: Potassium Taste

Hi, We have had our Culligan water softener system for 10 years with one minor issue but I forget what it was. Culligan came out, fixed whatever was wrong, and it has been fine since. However, I went to get a drink of water from the kitchen faucet just now and yuch! The water has such a...
  11. amkazen

Get rid of the check valve? I was told by a licensed plumber a check valve is needed to prevent the water from flowing back into the tank, and hence it was installed. This plumber told me the original plumber who plumbed the house when we built it shoudl have known this and failed plumbing 101...
  12. amkazen

".....I am not sure what that means because you should have a pneumatic storage tank after the pump which stores the water under pressure. I am not sure what you mean by "pressure tank" and "storage tank", since they should be the SAME tank....." A pneumatic storage tank? A tank with...
  13. amkazen

Hi, I have a question about water hammer and their location. I live in a house I built myself 10 years ago in a very remote location. And, the remoteness causes issues with contractors as they do not like to drive to my house. I had a difficult time getting contractors to bid on my house...
  14. amkazen

Adding solar hot water, plus other issues..

Hi, I am not sure which forum this should go in so if this is not correct I apologize in advance, and would not object to a moderator moving it to the correct forum if this is not the right one. This is a long post as I tried to give as much nfo as I could think might be needed. I am looking...
  15. amkazen

Water Overflow Pipe Dripping

Until I looked at the piping myself I also had no clue what the overflow pipe comes from. I finally decided to release the T&P valve on the indirect water heater and also the pressure valve on the boiler and viola! Water flowed out the overflow pipe. But, I decided to call one of the largets...
  16. amkazen

DONE! And the infamous overflow pipe: just a pipe sticking out of the wall...and the plumber we hired when building this house did not drill throught the previous wood decking to get the pipe to drain on the ground...just let it drip on the wood deck...said we would never have an issue..how was...
  17. amkazen

almost to the final pics
  18. amkazen

almost done with providing pictures
  19. amkazen

continuing with more pictures
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks