Search results

1. benzo

Check my math plz

Gary, I did not ask them for help sizing, nor have I asked them for help with the settings. I used various websites (including yours) to determine the proper sizing of my unit. Perhaps I'm a bit different than your typical clientele, but I prefer to arm myself with information prior to...
  2. benzo

Check my math plz

Honestly, I'd rather not say. I don't want anyone taking the thread and drawing conclusions about the service this company provides. I have not tried to contact the company support phone number yet. I would suspect they could help me with this as well but I'm merely attempting to learn a...
  3. benzo

Check my math plz

Gary, This is a 5600 sxt control valve. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't an option to set the gallons. At least that isn't apparent in the instructions I've looked at. I believe you are basically accomplishing the same thing I did with your gallon recommendation. The reserve on this...
  4. benzo

Check my math plz

Reserve Capacity Gary, Thanks for the heads up on the reserve factor. If you look at my math above, I've accounted for a regen every 8 days (assuming 60 gals/day). Assuming then, I use one of those days as my reserve and plan on actually regen'ing every 7 days, I believe I can leave my...
  5. benzo

Check my math plz

Thanks! Thanks biermech and Gary for the confirmation. Gary, I'll be using the default settings for the safety/reserve @ 20%. Between the "extra bit of salt" and the 20% reserve, I should be ok. Thanks again folks!
  6. benzo

Check my math plz

So I recently bought a fleck 5600 sxt 48k grain unit for my home. Based on my math, I believe I need ~27k grains capacity out of my (28gpg hardness * 2 people * 60 gal/day). To get 27k grains out of my 48k unit, I believe I need a 8 lb dose of salt (or about 5.3 lbs per cubic foot). Good so...
  7. benzo

Gravel Bed Question

I've seen mixed reviews and water softener systems w/ and w/out gravel beds. The folks selling resin tanks w/ gravel beds argue you need it, the ones who don't say its not necessary for softening alone. Care to comment? I'm looking at a 48k grain system for my new home.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks