Search results

1. jdgoodman

Vent pipe placement

Vent pipe Only use vet B.
  2. jdgoodman

PEX, Water service from meter to house, DIY project????

Seems a little high to me as well and I work in Seattle, But I can’t see it. Most of it depends on the difficulty of the connection inside the home.
  3. jdgoodman

hammer arrestors

Im my area if you have a PEX system you do not need hammer arrestors.
  4. jdgoodman

Question about toilet venting requirements

No you will need to vent the new toilet in the basement seperatly.
  5. jdgoodman

Mixing Valve for Garage

I installed that moen faucet and the customer was very disapointed. It will not allow 100% hot water. I dont know the exact mix ratio but if you turn it all the way up you get about 90* water temp. I called the moen rep and he said they were working on a new one with a higher temp but i dont...
  6. jdgoodman

Double fixture tee or double sanitary tee?

You would not be able to use a double wye on a back to back setup because the weir of your trap would be higher than you vent take off. UPC accepts san crosses if the barrel is 2 pipe sizes larger than your branches.
  7. jdgoodman

High water pressure

You would have 2 T&P valves if the drain from the one on the water heater could not be piped to the exterior of the house or if there is no floor drain near the discharge point in the home. 1st one is a 150psi on the water heater and the 2nd is a 125psi on a hot water line above the water heater...
  8. jdgoodman

Replace or Repair Tank Water Heater

If its 12 years old i would replace it.
  9. jdgoodman

Wisbro PEX compatable with Manabloc?

Yes wirsbo does have good fittings in my opinion and they come in plastic or brass. They also produce manifolds, I would stick to the same brand the whole way through.
  10. jdgoodman

Adding a wye in basement cast iron stack

You will need a chain cutter for the cast iron pipe. If you arnt hurting for space near that stack and you plan on doing this yourself you might consider this next option. Get a syteline torch and melt the lead out around the clean out. Once that hub is cleared use a tye seal gasket and install...
  11. jdgoodman

Did my contractor mess up our entire plumbing system?

I'm sorry to say that you have gotten yourself into a world of hurt by letting your contractor do his own plumbing. As far as your issues go it is extremely difficult to diagnose all of these problems without seeing it in person. The problems you are having could be all separate issues or one...
  12. jdgoodman

Drain for garbage disposal

If im understanding you explination correctly yes you can do that. Or you can drain your dishwasher into the disposal and cap off the extra drain.
  13. jdgoodman

Problem with Takagi & Radiant Heat &Domestic Hot Water

99* Of Takagi calls i go on i find a reason they are not functioning. Its always the same story, Bad venting, gas issues, poor placement or just no maintenance. I thought i was a tankless pro until i went to Takagi's plant in California for their training class. Needless to say i discovered i...
  14. jdgoodman

Yellow flame during cold tank start?

This is normal when firing up a heater.
  15. jdgoodman

No water, help!!

Make sure the cold water valve above your water heater is turned on. Do you have galvanized steel water piping in your home? If so the hot water piping tends to clog up with debris more than the cold but even when its bad you usally get a little hot water out of a fucet or two.
  16. jdgoodman

Off white particles from WH flush

sounds like dip tube to me.
  17. jdgoodman

3rd Floor Bathroom

You can not drain a fixture on one floor into the vent of another fixture on the floor below. The toilet on the bottom level is most likley re-vented but the one on the main level is not. I have seen what you want to do done in many homes and it works fine but it is not to code.
  18. jdgoodman

Rheem or Bradford White

Bradford White is my first choise.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks