Search results

1. RT

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Thanks Terry - good to know. peanut9199 - I hear what you're saying - not trying to kick up an outsourcing discussion here. Just get nervous when I see the Made in China label - melamine in food, lead in toys, etc. - all pretty scary stuff happening there - not much regulatory pressure or...
  2. RT

Hearing Gurgling In Other Pipes When Toilets Flushed

Hi Terry - your point about the friends with 5 bathrooms - seems silly to me but I guess if I could afford it I might be talking a different talk - anyway apologies if my comments came off like a cheap shot at any of your friends. jadnashua - you got me thinking about my camp - I currently...
  3. RT

sorry - just re-read the part about running shower every week or so -which I guess answers my last question. still if people don't know.... thanks again
  4. RT

geez - who knew? (I mean, unless you're a plumber, or lucky enough to trip over this kind of info otherwise...). I'd almost want to snicker at those guys who dump their 2 -1/2 bath 2300 sq ft home 'cause it's "not big enough for their 2 kids anymore"- but no joke at the expense of anyone's...
  5. RT

awesome info reading these threads here and learning a lot - thanks to all those lending their expertise. I have a comment / question on the fix provided here - I watch those TV shows (house hunters, etc.) where I constantly see people buying these (IMHO) ridiculously big houses with so many...
  6. RT

newbie question on drain couplings & solids hanging up?

I'm putting in the new toilet - the cuts are just the whatever lengths I'm using to go from toilet across to (new) septic in my crawlspace. I'm basically doing the small bathroom myself (except septic - previously installed by local contractor). I just noticed as I was looking at that "smooth"...
  7. RT

Thanks - I'm assuming the grade out to the septic is correct (as installed by contractor) - I will be extra careful with the grade on my runs, and to clean out the ends of the pipe best I can (take off any burrs, etc.) as suggested. Appreciate the feedback and the sanity check.
  8. RT

I have a simple arrangement in my bathroom - Lavatory drain feeds / vents directly into main stack on 1st (only) floor. Toilet and tub each feed into main 4" septic drain in crawlspace via 3" and 2" Y's (respectively) and share a 2" vent that ties into main stack in the attic space. Tub ties...
  9. RT

Need Feedback on DWV Plan for Addition

hi HJ - sorry if I'm being a bit clueless here - I'm reading some of these threads to better understand venting requirements in my (small) project. when you say "the first applies to the toilet" are you referring to the first rule (only 1 fixture on the line) or the first measurement as...
  10. RT

Thanks Jadnashua - that's good to know. I'll give it a try and see how it holds up - based on all the great reviews here. My preference is to buy as close to home as possible - whenever I can, for various reasons. But as you say if it's luck of the draw, then in this case it is what it is...
  11. RT

made in China? I went to get the Toto - the box on the skid says "made in China". I don't want to start a debate on outsourcing here but - but curious - is this a recent development or have they been made off shore for a while now? reason I ask is that I have had some problems with other...
  12. RT

I know what you mean - so much info out there it's hard to "digest" :D If I can get to the store where I saw this I'm going to grab one today while they're on sale - thanks to Terry and all who provided their feedback here. I feel much better about shelling out some extra $ now. Can't wait...
  13. RT

Thanks for the feedback. I like the analogy. Yeah a Lexus is sure worth more than a Nova, but is it worth what they charge for Lexus, I guess is what I'm asking. People will pay more for a Lexus just because it's a Lexus, regardless of where and what the real additional value is. And they...
  14. RT

awesome info hello - just registered here - one of many stops after googling around looking for info on low flush units. I found the timing is interesting (reading this thread) as I just stopped in at a local plumbing store where they have a skid of the AquiaII units selling for @ $390...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks