Search results

1. 87vertgt

? Connected Gas Dryer with Gas Boiler on same line-Now Pilot Light turns off ?

? Connected Gas Dryer with Gas Boiler on same line-Now Pilot Light turns off ? Appears the dryer is sucking in too much gas? Should I feed it a smaller gas line like 3/8 instead of a 1/2 ?
  2. 87vertgt

Question? Will a Energy efficient dryer cost more or less then a Gas dryer

Question? Will a Energy efficient electric dryer cost more or less then a Gas dryer http://www.lowes.com/pd_69177-46-MED...s#BVRRWidgetID heres the dryer i might be purchasing. I have an old gas dryer that needs to be replaced Any info would be appreicated
  3. 87vertgt

Preventing pipes from freezing......?

Should i let all faucets (hot and cold water and the kitchen and bathroom) drip overnight? or can i get away with just turning on the kitchen on drip mode and leave the bathroom alone? Thanx
  4. 87vertgt

Gnats in heating vents.......whats a girl to do?

I sprayed raid in there....but they still come back.....now what? Thanx!
  5. 87vertgt

What are you gents doing to get rid of "Gnats" Fruit Flies coming out of Sink/Drain?

:confused: I used bleach...hot water....no work!
  6. 87vertgt

Installed 240v Dryer, used 10 gauge wire, 20 amp breaker-breakers flicking off

What did we do wrong? also the breaker gets warm too... thanx gents :)
  7. 87vertgt

Installing a Big Box Store Electric Base Board Heater

Amps : 6.25 A Assembled Depth (In Inches) : 2.5 in Assembled Height (In Inches) : 6.75 in Assembled Weight (In LBS) : 13.60 lb Assembled Width (In Inches) : 72 in BTU Heat Rating : 5118 Btu/h Color / Finish : White Depth : 2.5 in Energy Star Compliant : No Fuel Type : Electric...
  8. 87vertgt

Whole House Water filter? Will that make the Sulfer smell go away?

the "helpful" folks at Home Depot told me to buy this....what ya think?
  9. 87vertgt

Sulfer Rotten Egg smell after running water....

Thanx for looking guys ;) So there hasnt been water running for about 6 weeks.....so I am hoping the smell will go away soon? :confused:
  10. 87vertgt

Drainage from Washer....where should I run the line?

heres the basement porch. There is a drain in the back yard which is about 5 feet from the wall where the window is. Big problem is running a exposed pipe will freeze as it can get to 20 below here :D So I am thinking of running a 1 inch copper line with a heat wire wrap around it. It...
  11. 87vertgt

Tips for using Flexicable Copper Tubing???? Downsides?

I need to connect some plumbing and cant sweat them for nothing... so I will go around it with using copper tubing... Talk to me bout it Do you use it? if so any tips? Thanx
  12. 87vertgt

Copper Water Valve you perfer?

The local hardware store has 2 types there a valve with copper fittings at both ends that tighting to the pipe then theres the valve with rubber like ends? that you need a special "C" like tool to remove it. Which one do you perfer? the second one cost about 5 buxs more.... heres a...
  13. 87vertgt

Water Shut off valve for residence

So I had to shut off the water to my building this weekend...didnt go so well... I turned off the valve inside the residence which worked to a certain point...as there was a small amount of water still coming out. Then I turned off the water at the Water meter....maybe slight almost no...
  14. 87vertgt

Any one else terrified of Copper plumbing

I hate putting it together as i cant...always leaks....i hate anything to do with it...even removing it. I hate how it seems really weak. And any time a pipe freezes and explodes it seems always to be copper.... I am converting all my plumbing from 1/2 copper to 3/4...
  15. 87vertgt

Electrical Base Board Heaters from Home Depot-REVIEWS?

Thinking of installing two of these, one is living and one in kitchen http://www.*********.com/Building-Materials-Heating-Venting-Cooling-Heaters-Baseboard/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xmiZaqt1/R-100080894/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 And installing one of these in...
  16. 87vertgt

Newbie from Chicago checking in

Howdy Not sure if this is the right section, or if you guys even do the "newbie check in" deal :D I just installed my 3rd water boiler this morning, did new gas lines, waters lines etc......and the best part is it worked! without leaks! :p Look forward in interesting talks about plumbing :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks