Search results

1. TJanak

Navien NPE240A- Navilink,Navilink App, Recirculation settings And Parameters

I don't know the best place to post this, but i happened to be fiddling around in the NaviLink app on Feb. 1 and it asked to update. The update is not perfect, but seems to be much more user friendly interface. Still appears to have the same "Enable/Disable" terminology. But, they appear to...
  2. TJanak

Hallmark Installation with Pitless

Thanks guys. I kind of figured the cap needed to be above grade with wires out of the cap. Cary, can you recommend a pitless module that glues onto the 4" pvc casing? Not looking for frost depth (there is none), just ease of concealment. Reach, yes made sure to order the pump for 4" casing...
  3. TJanak

Hallmark Installation with Pitless

Helping family install a 2 HP Hallmark in an older 4" pvc well. 297' total depth, 141' static level. Jetted 20-25 gpm. Plan to set the pump at 200' on 1.25" schedule 80 with stainless couplers. I remember reading it may be good practice to install another check valve immediately above the...
  4. TJanak

Are tree roots clogging my well?

You would not have eucalyptus roots 800' deep. I do not believe the tree can build enough tension via transpiration to lift water that high, even with capillary action, adhesion, etc. working in it's favor. So it has no reason to send roots that deep. 40' is believable and 140' would be...
  5. TJanak

Navien NPE-240A Recirculation Question

The NaviLink wifi controller will allow you to do this. It cannot be done in the 240A alone, the NaviLink controller is needed.
  6. TJanak

Brackish water treatment

Not much to add here except your mention of Spectrapure caught my attention. I've used their RO systems in greenhouses with high TDS water. So when I built a house and needed treatment for high TDS well water, I investigated whole house RO and talked to Spectrapure. The "expert" there (not a...
  7. TJanak

Quick Connect For Poly Well Line

Will cam lock fittings hold vacuum well enough? Banjo polypropylene cam lock fittings are used a lot in ag, but I'd question their ability to hold a vacuum for a shallow well. I was thinking some sort of union.
  8. TJanak

Solar Pump Issues

Yes, except that in the sequence of events the board was not burnt until after wiring the pump directly to the generator and solar panels for testing, then putting everything back in the correct order and the board was burnt the next day. Would there be a positive and negative wire from the...
  9. TJanak

Solar Pump Issues

Sounds like he's going to have the driller come check it out. Shoulder issues so he can't do it and I'm not around to help. Any idea why the board/capacitor is burnt? He said the wires coming from the solar panel are one green and two gray colored, so thought maybe it was possible he hooked...
  10. TJanak

Solar Pump Issues

I'm relaying my Dad's story, so I'll try to keep it short and to the point. Solar pump running into 1400 gal cattle trough with float. Thunderstorms come through with pretty good lightning storm. Three days later notice cattle are out of water. Not pumping. Well man says to diagnose, take...
  11. TJanak

PVC drop pipe: male adapters vs threading the pipe

I was inexperienced several years ago as you are and was nervous about properly torquing the threaded schedule 80 1" PVC pipe with stainless couplings on my 100' drop pipe. Cary instructed me at the time to tighten until it "pops" as he has in this thread. I was unsure. Assembled the first...
  12. TJanak

PVC drop pipe: male adapters vs threading the pipe

Doesn't answer your question, but I buy threaded sch. 80 pipe and SS couplers from a local driller. Might be an option for you.
  13. TJanak

Sand in well water

We have a fine sand issue in this area and it seems like the older wells put in with anything over 10 thousandths screen will make sand. I have a couple that do. When I had a new well drilled I ended up using the guy that gravel packed his wells (the second go-around anyways). From what I...
  14. TJanak

Swapping jet pump for submersible pump + upgrades

That's how it is done with the old hand dug wells around here (~48" diam.) that have been converted from windmill to submersible. Granted most are 50' or less.
  15. TJanak

How do you use Nuwell?

My initial thought is that the static level/pumping level in the majority (probably) of California wells has decreased significantly over the last 10 years.
  16. TJanak

Taking down a tree in the years with COVID

I want to know what his plan is after getting all of the branches cut off...
  17. TJanak

NPE-240A: Remote Controller or NaviLink?

I installed the NaviLink several weeks ago. With the very helpful information presented on this forum, install was easy. I set up two schedules per weekday and a different one for weekends. When I was home during the day early this week I verified the heater was not recirculating when the...
  18. TJanak

Recommendations for Brackish/ Salty Well Water

Yeah, I saw the ads with the Premont guy as well. To be honest I cheated somewhat on the shallow well. There was an existing shallow well on my place that I hooked up a generator to and tested the water to find out it was much better quality. But I didn't use that well because it made sand...
  19. TJanak

Recommendations for Brackish/ Salty Well Water

Where are you located? Your analysis is very similar to mine. I went through this same issue over the past year in Rockport and ended up finding significantly better quality water at 60' instead of the 180'-200' that everybody uses around here. It required me drilling our first well to 180'...
  20. TJanak

Deck refinishing paint recommendations

I know it's a late reply, but we did our entire (new) wood porches with two coats of Sherwin semi-solid stain. Looks very nice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks