Search results

1. Stevecater

Uponor hePEX in slab repair - PROPEX or QS20 Compression?

To be clear you're recommending: Q4775050 ProPEX EP Coupling Thanks
  2. Stevecater

Uponor hePEX in slab repair - PROPEX or QS20 Compression?

Hi Even though I borrowed a FLIR infrared camera to check heat run location I apparently missed one return leg and naturally, drilled for a tapcon right dead center of the tubing:eek:. The tubing is 1/2" Uponor hePEX which can be used with propex expander system or QS20 compression. Since the...
  3. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

Thanks, that's what I needed to know... back to the drawing board.
  4. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

I will change my design so the trap connects directly below the double fixture fitting then rather than head back and over (2x 90's) I will angle the trap so that I only need at worst a 45 at the stubout. I think that's the best I can do as the stub is in the corner of the cabinet so it doesn't...
  5. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

Ok, thanks. What is the reason for each trap having it's own vent, siphoning?
  6. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

No wall access. All I have is the single stubout. The vent is connected directly behind the stubout in the wall. Why would I need another vent to use 2 traps, to prevent siphoning of the other trap?
  7. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

Yep, a real one with a drain... and it will be plastic too ;) Good point. I will likely do it as you suggest, even less horizontal pipe in the "room side" of the trap. The double wye as the only thing that concerns me. Only ever seen them used with a vent connected on that top port. Thanks
  8. Stevecater

Pitching concrete to floor drain

I disagree. He's installing the drain as insurance in the event his HW tank or washer leak, which would cause a flood without the floor drain. The small amount of water wicking through grout lines would be immaterial in the event of such a leak, most of it will make it down the drain preventing...
  9. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

I get what you are both saying. That's kinda what I had figured, gunk was settling out in the pipe because of likely a combination of too much pipe, too many elbows and slope issues. The longer cross ways run is sloped, it's hard to tell with the one going straight back from the tailpiece. So...
  10. Stevecater

Kitchen Sink Odor

Hi I installed a double bowl sink about 5 years ago. A year or 2 in the bowl farthest from the trap had a rank odor, like something decaying. It was detectable on the left but not as bad. I will attach a pic for clarity. The left bowl is closest to the trap. The dishwasher hose has a...
  11. Stevecater

Pump shuts off when demand peaks

This is a new well and the driller assured me it would never run dry, that's why he put in the 5gpm pump rather than the 10gpm I had asked for. That said, this is repeatable in that I can turn on the sprinklers and they stabalize about 40psi after the pressure tank drains down. Flush and it...
  12. Stevecater

Pump shuts off when demand peaks

Hi, I have a Pumptrol switch on a submersible pump (165'). It's a new (1 year) install, 7gpm water recovery rate, 5gpm pump. I have a recurring (and very annoying) problem that when I run a couple sprinklers outside if anyone flushes a toilet or opens a tap for very long the pressure drops to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks