Search results

1. cpope

Dropped dremel cutter down toilet drain

Success! I was finally able to fish out that little dremel bit. It took a combination of the magnets I bought at HD and a small drain cleaner (like one of these http://www.cobraus.com/pics/90200_large.jpg) I tied some mason's line around the magnets and put a layer of strapping tape around...
  2. cpope

Thanks Redwood - my fishing skills seem about as weak as my plumbing skills, so I might just take you up on that. Or, maybe it's the magnet that I bought at HD that's weak. They didn't have the device suggested by SewerRatz, so I bought the strongest magnet they had, which wasn't much. I'll see...
  3. cpope

Thanks SewerRatz. I was going to head off to one of the big box HW stores to look for a stronger magnet to tie to my string, but that looks like it will work better since it looks like it will make it around elbows. Hopefully I'll have better luck fishing than I've had with plumbing. Thanks...
  4. cpope

I read this forum too late, and missed out on the sage advice to plug the drain with a rag before attempting to cut off a broken toilet flange using a dremel cutter. Of course the bit fell out while cutting, and now I have the #402 mandrel with the 1 1/4" fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks