Search results

1. Mevans42

Intermittent hissing noise from Toto fill valve even after replacements

Thanks so much for your comprehensive advice! I will do what you suggest, and I'll post an update once the issue has been sorted out.
  2. Mevans42

Intermittent hissing noise from Toto fill valve even after replacements

The fill valve on my Toto Vespin II was failing. I have no DIY skills, so I had my plumber replace the valve. While he was here, he swapped out the old flapper and replaced it with a generic brand. Afterward, I was still hearing an intermittent hissing noise. The plumber thought that the flapper...
  3. Mevans42

Removing stubborn stains from Toto CEFIONTECT

Toto tech support had some suggestions I spoke with Toto tech support (888-295-8134). The rep recommended trying regular Clorox bleach and, if that did not do the trick, CLR. He emphasized that the CEFIONTECT finish is actually very durable. It is important, though, to avoid using abrasive...
  4. Mevans42

Many thanks for your excellent suggestion. Are you confident that muratic acid will not harm the CEFIONTECT finish? I know that CEFIONTECT can be damaged by abrasive cleansers, but I have heard nothing one or the other about the effect of acids.
  5. Mevans42

My Toto Vespin with CEFIONTECT finish has some stubborn stains under the rim and part of the way down the sides of the bowl. I have tried using the usual bowl stain removers, like Lysol Cling, and have scrubbed with a good toilet brush, but I have been unable to remove the stains. We have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks