Search results

1. J

Sump pit always has lots of water - next step ?

Talked to the plumber and he's against making it wider. He believes I should only make it deeper and put a backup on top. My pit is about 14" in diameter, which I thought is too narrow. Also I figured if I did go deeper, a wider one would let more water fill up and reduce the number of...
  2. J

Thankfully my water table is not that high - if I turn off the sump pump, the water level doesn't get higher than about 6" below the top of the sump pit. Though I would have preferred much less. I have a FloTec pump which replaced the broken Zoeller when we had a really bad storm and gave...
  3. J

Thanks for the advice... But I'm still worried about one thing: If I dig deeper and put a sump pump lower than the water table, won't it run all the time. I can't possibly drain all that water - and would it even be wise to do so ? Thanks, Jake
  4. J

Hello, I have a sump pit (with pump) located at the back corner of my basement which always has water in it and the water level is just shy of the pump activating (and that's about 5 in from overflowing). It turns on about 5 times a day when the water occassionally rises a bit, or some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks