Search results

1. corney

shark fittings

I'm wondering if I've been too fussy in cleaning the pipe ends of some older 1/2' copper pipe that has been in stock for a while before installing shark fittings. I've been cleaning the pipe ends as I would for solder but one of my chums tells me that this is an"Over-Kill waste of time as...
  2. corney

To "SHARK" or not to "SHARK"

Hello Jim, thanks for the comeback..Gee, ain't it funny? The point I mentioned in my original post Re. some of the "talking down" type replies from some professionals in answer to simple DIY's questions was certainly quickly demonstrated. The very first respondent obviously did not bother to...
  3. corney

To "SHARK" or not to "SHARK"

Away back on Christmas eve 2009 YNGWIE_69 from B.C. Canada asked several simple questions Re. Shark connectors. coincidentally, specific answers to his questions are the same ones I've been seeking on and off over a long period of time. ( 2 complete bathroom reno's since). 2 of his questions...
  4. corney

Toilet flange too low

I'm completely renovating 2nd floor 85 yr. old bathroom. Installing new enlarged shower, 2 sink vanity & soaker tub. a word Re. current system. all waste dumps into a 3" down pipe which runs down through 2 floors into basement then exits through wall to septic tank. At the top of this down pipe...
  5. corney

SHARKBITE, PEX and /or copper connectors?

Anyone have any comments re. new (to me) "SHARKBITE" PEX and /or copper connectors. I see the "note" on the packaging states the sale of same are banned in CAL. & Vermont. I'm in the process of remodeling a bathroom. took out old shower stall and jacuzzi, now have to re-route water lines for...
  6. corney

jacuzzi drain removal

I'm trying to remove the drain assembly from a 15 to 20 yr. jacuzzi. Only brand or model is the name"ALMICO in large block letters followed by "Comfort and Elegance in flowing script on an escutcheon on the tub lip.. This tub has a cable controlled stopper operated by a half turn of the...
  7. corney

dishwasher drain line location

how important is it to run the dishwasher drain into the waste line ... BELOW the sink drain trap as opposed to ABOVE... In this case, the connection now goes into the waste line between the sink tail piece ABOVEthe inlet side of the trap because there is not enough room to connect BELOW...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks