Search results

1. RinconVTR

Drop Ceiling 2x4 LED options

I have 2 broken florescent light fixtures in my basement that need to be replaced and of course I want to go LED. A new LED tube fixture is ok, LED panels are ok, and even installing cans for LED bulbs are ok. There is no clear winner that I can tell because my basement is split between a...
  2. RinconVTR

Rinnai tankless water heater issues with lg front load washer.

You need an arrestor at the point of water connection for the washer, hot and cold. The open/closing of the solenoids during the start of a cycle create a very hard water hammer. Its not just an LG issue...most front loaders pulse water into the drum as it senses the load and begins a cycle...
  3. RinconVTR

Does 2+2 = 4?

Yes, I know the math (thanks for pointing out how horrible it compares!) but you also ended by hitting the true intent of my question. Code doesnt always equate to engineering, sometimes the rules, regs, and local codes make no sense to anyone. Whats really behind the question...well in my...
  4. RinconVTR

Does 2+2 = 4?

As far as venting goes, can the requirement for 4" PVC be run using TWO 2" pipes for the run between unit and the outside? Meaning I would have FOUR 2" pipes running inline with each other until termination on each end.
  5. RinconVTR

Changing Oil in your automobile.

Our family has a VW and our company has nothing but Audi's for business. While I dont drive the companys Audi's I know who does and they take them to whatever lube joint is close to home. And I have personally changed the oil on the VW, no glitches. So I'm calling BS until said statement is...
  6. RinconVTR

Is blown in fiberglass insulation safe?

This is my own home and DIY. Thats why I know exactly what the numbers were and are now. It is what it is.
  7. RinconVTR

While great at pointing out specs and recomendations...what I stated is fact. I was warned about this verbally, I have done it, and watched first hand what occurs. (not in my own home) Adding 12" of cellulose on top of blown fiberglass will crush fiberglass to less than half. The 6" in this...
  8. RinconVTR

If your attic has blown fiberglass now, adding cellulous will pack it down to nothing. But you dont...so the choice is clear. Opt for cellulous and add much more than just 12”. It will settle a lot and why not add extra now so you never have to worry about the R value level again.
  9. RinconVTR

PEX fitting reliability

Plumbers in my area said no worries. They use PEX very often for new homes and retro's. I happen to also T into my main line (like you are) and installed 1" PEX to feed my water powered backup sump pump. Until my basement floods...I have no concerns about PEX fittings and crimp rings.
  10. RinconVTR

Changing Oil in your automobile.

May be you've heard stories like this...but its not a fact.
  11. RinconVTR

Water powered back up pump

That’s definitely a good example. A water powered back up would not be a good fit if you dont have a reliable source of water. Although 15,000 GPD use would never occur even with my extreme condition. And on that note, the high capacity pump I selected is not the best unit to compare and...
  12. RinconVTR

That’s definitely a good example. A water powered back up would not be a good fit if you dont have a reliable source of water. Although 15,000 GPD use would never occur even with my extreme condition. And on that note, the high capacity pump I selected is not the best unit to compare and...
  13. RinconVTR

You're refering to a basement? Ummm...ok. I will say that there are only 2 other homes (that I know of) with in my neighborhood with sump pits that "flow" like mine and ALL others operate normally (pumps only run during the wettest of wet weather). Undergorund bodies or streams of water? Who...
  14. RinconVTR

Sump Pump cycling

You wont find it here. But you also wont find failures here either. Many here are what I see in the water industry (in gereral! relax guys!), in that most want to stay with the old tried and true methods and dont feel the new stuff is better than the old. It is very hard introducing new...
  15. RinconVTR

Could you name one occurrence of such an example??? There may be parts of the country where this *could* technically occur, but even then, I would ask for an example to prove the point…other than those on well water where this device should never be installed. The point of this emergency...
  16. RinconVTR

Plumbing 101 - Reduce main supply to 1/2"

While its not good practice to install a section of 1/2" pipe at or around the main water line, its also not the neck in the hour glass. The OP said this was near the main shut off, which places it near the water meter. Residential water meters are typically 1/2" to 5/8" ID and only flow...
  17. RinconVTR

Sump Pump cycling

I also have a VERY active pit and have been using this for 2 years: http://hydrocheckproducts.com/Hi_Lo_Controller.htm
  18. RinconVTR

I just installed a 1" water powered backup sump pump this weekend and I thought I’d share my opinion today after a full day of moderate rain. It’s made (or just assembled?) by Tane Corp and they call it the Water Commander. There were a couple other brands, only one that came close to the...
  19. RinconVTR

Pool Chlorine Tablet vs. Chlorine Pellets

Thats right. NSF does not certify any choline tablet or pellet made for "Recreational Water" (pool/spa), for potable water. NSF is crazy about chemical composition of wetted surfaces used in potable water, so whatever the difference, there is a difference.
  20. RinconVTR

Gas pipe (black) under high deck

Am I a licensed pro? Nope. I am an M.E. But I've been plumbing for over 20 years, gas and water. No need to explain my background though...this site is here for exactly this reason...isnt it??? Running black pipe is very easy, I am simply making sure I am doing the right thing here. Obviously...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks