Search results

1. Gringo

Water Heater Installation

Thank you Gary I researched pipe sizes on the internet and was surprised to see that, for any normal household fixtures, 1/2" pipe throughout house is sufficient. This may be true for a city-supplied water system of high pressure, but as in all houses down here, we use gravity-fed systems...
  2. Gringo

Water Heater Installation

My plan (up until now?) was to use 1" line for both hot and cold to feed entire house (new construction). I just bought a water heater and notice that it is 3/4" both in and out. Would I gain anything by going in with the 3/4" but, immediately coming out on hot side, adapting up to 1" to feed...
  3. Gringo

Gravity Fed System Air Vents

Sorry about that. EVERY house in Mexico has vent tubes coming up from at least one of the 90s going down into the walls. Some houses may have 5 or 6 vents sticking up as high as necessary to clear the level of the top of the tank-- really an eyesore. And, EVERY 'plumber' down here will tell...
  4. Gringo

Thank you. Now, I am totally confused. EVERY
  5. Gringo

The 1100 liter tank on the roof that I will be useing to gravity-feed my house has 2 1/4" vent holes in the top of the screw-on cap. I will be coming out of tank with a 1" pipe going in several directions across the roof to 90 down the walls to the various faucets. Should I put in some...
  6. Gringo

Max Water Pressure from a gravity fed water tank

Gravity Fed System If the tank on the roof has sufficient venting at it's top, are additional air vent tubes necessary at various points in the sytem? Paul
  7. Gringo

Another Question Regarding Gravity Flow System Lets say the tank (on roof) has a capacity of 1200 liters. If I come out of the tank with a 1" line, run this line across the roof (horizontaly) and then reduce to a 3/4" line vertically downwards through the walls to the fixtures, what size of...
  8. Gringo

I have a water tank on the roof to gravity-feed the house. Will I get more pressure coming out of the tank with a 2" line mounted on the side wall of the tank (at the bottom), or a 2" line mounted on the bottom surface of the tank in the middle? Thanks Paul
  9. Gringo

CPVC vs PVC

Regarding running the CPVC under the slab, we actually are planning on running the hot water feed under the dining room slab over to the kitchen sink. We will, however, be incorporating a heavy wire mesh into the slab as well as 3/8" rebar criss-crossing at every 3'. Should this minimize the...
  10. Gringo

CPVC vs PVC

CPVC vs Copper Hi guys and thanx a bunch for your input. Your question: CPVC vs copper? PRICE!! I have still another question regarding the CPVC: Internet research states that, when useing CPVC, you must allow for tube expansion- saying, with hot water, it can expand (lengthen) an...
  11. Gringo

PoliMex

Have you heard of a tubing called PoliMex? It is made in Argentina and I have heard that it is not available in the States, but I'm not sure. It is kind of orange in color and is treated like galvanized... that is to say that it is cut and threaded for couplings. It is somewhat more flexible...
  12. Gringo

CPVC vs PVC

PoliMex Thanks, Ron I was hoping that would be right. Another question: Have you heard of a tubing called PoliMex? It is made in Argentina and I have heard that it is not available in the States, but I'm not sure. It is kind of orange in color and is treated like galvanized... that is...
  13. Gringo

CPVC vs PVC

Hi Terry I am building a house in Mexico. I have been told that CPVC would be better for all water lines, both hot and cold, than PVC. All construction down here is brick and concrete and the tubeing will be embedded in both. What do you suggest? Thank you, Paul
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks