Search results

1. R

Insulating pipes

10-4 on the radiant heat - it's just been installed.
  2. R

Insulating pipes

Our master bathroom is located over our unheated garage, which means that all of the water supply lines and drains are over the garage also. We live in Rochester, NY, which is known to get chilly now and then. It’s a half-assed design, but it’s surprising the things you don’t notice when...
  3. R

mixing and matching finishes across brands

Thanks. I was able to compare color chips at a local supply house and there aren't significant differences between Kohler biscuit, Jacuzzi oyster, and Toto Sedona beige. The Toto color is a hair darker, but not enough to matter. Rob
  4. R

mixing and matching finishes across brands

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I'm not sure where else to post it. I'm considering ordering a Toto toilet, kohler sink, and Jacuzzi tub. All 3 manufacturers call their "off-white" colors something different. Can anybody tell me what the Kohler "biscuit" equivalents...
  5. R

is tankless feasible / advisable in upstate NY?

Hydro-air system? Huh? Wow I'm suffering from information overload. I assumed (wrongly, I guess) that since I started with GFA I needed to stay with GFA. If Hydroair works with the existing ducts, roughly how much would it cost to provide the equivalent heat output of a 80K btu 95% gas...
  6. R

Dana, I appreciate your responses to both of my posts. I was still processing your response to the tank post and thought I'd thow the topic open to the tankless forum also. Based on your tankless response I take it you're a proponent of tankless. What's your experience / opinions about...
  7. R

Hello, all. I've been reading through the archives for the tank and tankless water heater forums trying to decide how to spec a new water heater. I have a similar post on the Tank forum, but I thought I’d explore the question on this side as well. We’re in Rochester, NY where the...
  8. R

Selecting a water heater for a 100 gal soaker tub

Hello, all. I've been reading through the archives for the tank and tankless water heater forums trying to decide how to spec a new water heater. We’re in Rochester, NY where the winter groundwater temp hovers between 40 and 45 degrees. It’s currently just me and my wife, but kids are a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks