Search results

1. Jerome2877

Condo owner dumps two flower pots down kitchen drain

Had a park bathroom where both the mens and womens toilets were clogged. It ended up being a plastic hockey stick someone decided to throw down the vent stack and it jammed where both waste lines were tied into the T.
  2. Jerome2877

Crazy drain problem

I would recommend a jetter to clean the line. Think clogged artery, a snake will poke a hole while a jetter returns the pipe to its original ID.
  3. Jerome2877

Sharkbite vs union?

The temp rating of sharkbites are 180 F, this may be close to the temp of your boiler so I would go with unions.
  4. Jerome2877

New toilet and sink connection with Air Admittance Valve

Ontario code differs from the National code in this respect. You can have it below the FLR.
  5. Jerome2877

Plumber coming tomorrow; my late husband used to do ALL these type repairs/remodels..

I think his reaction was because of a free quote. Many home owners will take advantage of guys that are willing to give a quote so they are apprehensive about doing them.
  6. Jerome2877

Antisiphon Valve Headache, Just Weld It Shut?

So your willing to gamble your families lives vs a bit of hassle to purchase the right part and install it? There have been deaths that were caused by this type of backflow but gamble away.
  7. Jerome2877

This is why many municipalities are requiring check valves at the meters. That way its just you and your family that are in danger.
  8. Jerome2877

No the fill valves are also anti siphon.
  9. Jerome2877

While your at it why not plug your T&P valve on your water heater and see what might happen? You could get the explosion your talking about! These devices are for your family and other peoples safety and are required by most codes.
  10. Jerome2877

Converting Single Sink to Double Sink with water line for humidifier

A retro T is the part you want. It go's right on the 3/8 compression angle stop and gives you 2 going out.
  11. Jerome2877

Uponor expansion Tool question

They were around a few years ago but were discontinued by the wholesalers. I think sharkbites were more popular and very similar.
  12. Jerome2877

Urinal leaks at spud

Its a urinal spud and can be purchased separately.
  13. Jerome2877

Brand new water heater corrosion

I would remove the T if it is galvanized and install a new expansion tank before blaming the water heater.
  14. Jerome2877

Brand new water heater corrosion

Is the expansion tank new and is it for potable water? Also it looks like the t for it is galvanized, this may be the problem. Plumbers should install water heaters, not handy men.
  15. Jerome2877

Are pvc flange bolts okay?

Huh? What holes are you talking about pre-drilling and what does the weight of the bolts have to do with anything?
  16. Jerome2877

Broken underground 2inch PVC repair

This is what they are designed for. As long as there is no ability for the pipe to move horizontally you will be fine.
  17. Jerome2877

Moentrol - Tub or Shower Port?

Install it upside down with the hot on the left and turn the cartridge 180%
  18. Jerome2877

Broken underground 2inch PVC repair

Is it water or drainage? If drainage then yes furnco's will work, if its water then either glued repair couplings or compression repair couplings will be required.
  19. Jerome2877

Question on P Trap. S trap for kitchen

Showers and bathtubs have inaccessible traps and can be cleared with a snake as this one could.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks