Search results

1. S

Kinnetico Softener Questions - Tannin, Etc.

Can anyone answer my last post? Thank you........
  2. S

How do you adjust salt in the brine drum? By adjusting the water level? So then I would have a compensated hardness of 23 (14gpg + 3 x 3 ppm iron) - correct? That would require a #4 disc instead of #3? What are your thoughts on a Filox? Thank you again........
  3. S

OK - Thanks. Regarding a #3 vs. a #4 disc. Are you saying that a #3 uses more salt than a #4 or that more brine is used during a regeneration cycle with a #3? Therefore, later when my system is stabilized, I may want to go to a #4 to save on salt costs. So do you normally base the disc #...
  4. S

Tan-X is a product commonly sold & used in FL. by Aqua Products International, Royal Palm Beach, FL. A white granular water softener cleaner product for removal of tannin, lime, iron & calcium deposits. Yes, I think there may have been a black residue in the inner pvc surface of the pipes...
  5. S

Hello, Recently inherited a Kinetico 60 system from a neighbor who switched from well water to city water. It sat idle for a number of years before I got it. I've disassembled & reassembled the head successfully. I had to purchase a new sight glass and a new brine well valve. My well...
  6. S

Kinetico softener head rebuild with pics

Getting in late on this thread but have a question or two. I recently removed my sight glass as there was a gummy looking substance surrounding my discs and spring arms. I tried to be very careful in replacing the arms as they were but am not totally positive I have put them back correctly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks