Search results

1. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Is there a reason he wouldn't have just pried out the lead and oakum. I did, and it took me less than an hour to do. By the way, can you shut off that thing lady! :D No. The next door neighbor took a look at my installation. As far as the plumbing... there's only so many ways you can glue...
  2. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

I called a business in the yellow pages that has been around awhile. Mike, the plumber, told me he has been doing plumbing for 31 years, so I'm assuming he's on target with professionalism. Beyond that, he said he's worked in virtually every trade having to do with home remodeling and building...
  3. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

And the job's complete. How I did it: I called a plumber. He came over chipped off some rough edges on the top of the cast-iron pipe to make it smooth. Then put a new flange on and had enough width to catch the wood and drill in to existing floor. He sold me the job and all parts for...
  4. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Anyone want to argue with Scuba Dave? I've never held one of those extensions in my hand, so I don't know if the sizing would be right or if the screw holes would fit outside the diameter of the old flange and led/oakum. Everyone I've talked to suggests filling in the hole by building the...
  5. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

For painting, I did, because I was a professional painter. For flooring, my next door neighbor, because he's a floor installer. For electrical, I learned from a home remodeler he came over on a whim for free to teach me how to hook up an oven range. He taught me how to pigtail and about wires...
  6. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Gary: Thanks for the knowledge. I will research Fernco. Ratz: Wisconsin. Why do you wonder? : I'll research the product. My main concern is what to fill the hole up with. I thought expanding foam? Not sure about it though. Not fond of th product, plus would it be easy enough to remove if I ever...
  7. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

A-ha! I am studying this aspect. Since I am new to this, I am slowly moving a step at a time towards a finished product. 3 tubes of caulk... no, of course not. I will guarantee you that I will find the way, if there's only one, to finish with a secure method for doing this. And not a slop job...
  8. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Tools required: 1 Power drill (mine's a $20 key-chuck from store) 1 cheap screwdriver ($1) 1 drill bit (unless you break a couple like me; but that's because I bent it too far a few times... about $1; mine came in a set of bits that cost me like $15) 1 prybar (like $7) 1 hour or less of...
  9. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Ok. So if you tell me that the flange is not glued to the cast iron pipe, how about telling me how it is affixed to the pipe. It's definitely not affixed to the floor. There are no holes on it's surface, and there are no screws in it. I just remodeled my whole house. I redid the floors, the...
  10. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Thanks for your response, but I came to a forum to learn how I could do it myself. If I wanted to call a plumber I would've just done so. So with that said: How do I remove the flange that is glued to the pipe? By heating it? Are there flanges for drain pipes that have 3 7/8th inch...
  11. witch_wyzwurd

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

I removed the toilet in the home I just purchased, because I'm tiling the floor. This is my first time ever replacing a flange and such. Here's my woe: The drain pipe is cast iron, and 3 7/8 inch inside diameter. The metal flange that is partly still on it is glued to the outside of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks