Search results

1. Cudos

Hot water spitting from taps after sitting

Ok, pain in the ass situation!! about 2 months ago i notice some sputtering from the hot water taps in our cabin, well water with pressure tank and jet pump. I thought maybe our 10 year old hot water heater was going to crap out so I had it replaced with new 40 gal electric. The sputtering is...
  2. Cudos

Corrosion on jet pump flange

Hi guys, I have 1/2 hp jet pump that has corrosion in the water inlet flange. I am on well water and wonder if this could be a problem now or down the road. Have a look a the pic, It's a moist powdery texture. Thanks
  3. Cudos

? about new water heater. No rotten egg smell?

Hi all, I am replacing my 9 yo electric Moffat 40 gal heater with a Giant super cascade 40 gal heater. In the past I have notice a rotten egg smell from the hot water only. It wasn't horrendous, more so unpleasant. I haven't smelled any rotten egg lately , few months now. I am on well water...
  4. Cudos

Pressure tank issue, keeps cycling

Hello all, I need some insight as I know next to nothing about these things. Our pressure tank (3.5 years old) keeps cycling on every 4 hours. We just noticed it in the last couple days during the night when not using any water. It would come on about 1:00 am then again about 5am I cannot find...
  5. Cudos

Water report, looking for feedback

Hello all, I have well water report (120 ft) well. I am looking for any suggestions regarding the numbers, whether I should be wary of anything or try to lower any certain numbers. This is a new well. Thanks in advance, pH - 8.52...
  6. Cudos

Filter change now water reeks!!!!! help.

Hello all, Little back ground first. Artesian well 120 ft deep drilled 2 years ago. Water tested and came back quite good, iron a little high, borderline staining levels. We had a WH5 whole house green sand manganese filter installed for the metallic smell we were noticing (iron) NO rotten...
  7. Cudos

Stinky smell help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, we had a cabin built 1.5 years ago. Septic holding tank and all plumbing was inspected and passed, even the cheater valve that was installed for the laundry, which is where I have the problem. Every time we use the compact washer we get a sewage smell from the cheater valve that fills the...
  8. Cudos

Pressure tank loses pressure after sitting for extended periord

Hello, is it normal for a pressure tank to lose pressure if not used. We have a cabin and when we don't visit for 2 weeks then plug the pressure tank back in it turns on instantly to build pressure so it must be bleeding off somewhere in that 2 weeks. Our water lines are all pex and I...
  9. Cudos

Electric water heater & well water

I have to install a electric water tank in my cabin. My well water has approx .09 ppm of iron. Will the iron destroy the water tank much sooner than normal? also if anyone has any suggestions please feel free. What about tankless electric, would that be a better fit with well water. Thanks
  10. Cudos

Need advice on Iron problem

Hello everyone, I"m new and know very little about wells and such so please bear with me. I have a new property with and a new 120 ft well (free flowing). I suspected high iron so decided to have it tested. I took samples to the city health dept and they are going to check for pathagens...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks